Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson eds-1275 palette

Nikko81

Hi all, i’ve a question, i recently bought an eds-1275 custom shop, i noticed that in the 6 string palette gibson logo there is not the dot over the i, in the 12 string there is, i searched and i haven’t found nothing, in many picture the dot is on both palette, in others only in 12 string’s, anyone knows why?

thanks

A Custom Shop EDS-1275 and workers and QA guys missed that. Shameful. That is like a 6k guitar, right, It better be PERFECT.

You better be rocking Xanadu on that and not the Olivia Newton-John kind.  

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

According to Gibson, the EDS1275 being produced in the Custom Shop is patterned after a 1964 model that did not have a dot over the "i" on the 6 string headstock.  When I ordered my EDS1275 I asked if they could put it on my order and their response was it would be a custom job... a $1500 up charge.  Guess what... mine doesn't have a dot over the "i". 

20 minutes ago, Theresa said:

According to Gibson, the EDS1275 being produced in the Custom Shop is patterned after a 1964 model that did not have a dot over the "i" on the 6 string headstock.  When I ordered my EDS1275 I asked if they could put it on my order and their response was it would be a custom job... a $1500 up charge.  Guess what... mine doesn't have a dot over the "i". 

$1500 for an "i"? Its only $250 on Wheel Of Fortune for a vowel.

What Greedy POS's.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

$1500 for an "i"? Its only $250 on Wheel Of Fortune for a vowel.

What Greedy POS's.

Well, I asked for speed knobs instead of the sliver cap hat knobs too... guess that makes it a "Custom" Custom!!