Gibson Brands Forums

14000 Grateful Dead Shows

Sgt. Pepper

I've seen them in and outside. Went to 14 Dead shows and one Jerry show at the Warfield in SF.

Nothing like the feeling of The Dead coming on stage then 20000 hippies all get up and start grooving.

Bobby hated Tie Dye.

6 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Terrapin and Shakedown were a change. I love Estimated Prophet. Growing up in Cali and hearing it always makes me miss what I will always call home.  Love Mars and Wake. Blues For Allah had a nice nugget or two, but is not to good. Beauty and Workingman's could have been their White Album if packaged together as a double. The first album is absolute trash. They are so hopped up on ups. Anthem and Aoxomoxa, never did much for me. A few concert staples on those.

I remember after Touch Of Grey went big, all of a sudden there were really young pretty, clean, non smelly girls who shaved their pits at Dead shows, cause it was cool to say you went to see The Dead.

Ever see the doc about them on a train going across Canada after Woodstock. Janis, The Band, Buddy Guy and others are in it. I saw it for the first time 2 years ago. Can't remember the name of it. I think the makers of the doc had financial problems and it was delayed a long time before being released.

yep,  as Janis said "like we discovered on the train, tomorrow never comes man ... it's all the same fn day ..."