Gibson Brands Forums

GAKMuzak

GAKMuzak

Hi all. I’ve got a question as to the identity of this guitar that I’ve been working on. It’s a dbl cutaway Gibson Les Paul Special, darker brown color, with 2 P90’s, canted wraparound bridge (with no saddles or adjustments). Serial number is 0   8021. It actually spaces the number that way on the back of headstock. Also it doesn’t have a “Made In USA” stamp either. Any idea of the year, value?  I’ve attached pictures. Thanks all. 

3C895BA5-B3BE-404C-8F02-05E0524DE027.jpeg

8ACE1C47-6F5E-477E-BF4E-FF81AAFC3A43.jpeg

DA7CE6F5-5D22-47E4-ABBD-FFAEC7EA2987.jpeg

91B84FC6-F56E-4B7E-A6E9-645B3572F3D9.jpeg

if you look here: http://www.guitarscollector.com/gibson-serial-numbers.html  explains serial numbers going back to the early 60s. 

This one does not look like any one of the current standard number # schemes.   One thing that comes to mind would be a custom shop model, but then again, I would think that would have or should have, a custom shop stencil somewhere..

thinking out loud here -- What are the chances that it maybe a special run?

as a last resort I'd ask Gibson Customer Support if no one seems to have an idea.

Looks like a pretty cool LP DC all the same!  I like the color scheme, and of course I'm a sucker for P90s so that is all working for me.

Edited by kidblast

Hey;

From 2006-2016 these were re-issued. Not all of them had a custom shop indicators (Logos) on them, but there weren’t any regular production dc’s with these appointments at the same time. 
serial number format fits CS, with this serial I would say 2008. Fairly certain that’s what you’ve got.

Hope that helps

Johnny

• Like 1