Gibson Brands Forums

Help with existing CS model!

JohnnyVEXES

Hey there! I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone might have any information about this Gibson LP CS that I own (sounds infinitely ridiculous, I know... I own the guitar and know very little about it...) I purchased this from a private seller, has to be about 10 years ago now, and I haven't seen many others (if at all) like it... just curious if anyone knows anything more than I do about it!!  Thanks so much in advance for your help!!  John

NB3A4679.JPG

NB3A4680.JPG

NB3A4681.JPG

NB3A4682.JPG

NB3A4683.JPG

NB3A4684.JPG

NB3A4685.JPG

NB3A4686.JPG

NB3A4687.JPG

NB3A4688.JPG

NB3A4689.JPG

NB3A4690.JPG

NB3A4691.JPG

fullsizeoutput_d4af.jpeg

NB3A4693.JPG

NB3A4694.JPG

NB3A4695.JPG

NB3A4696.JPG

• Like 1

Seems pretty unique, can't say I've ever seen one like it either.  Might have been a special order made in the custom shop.  Doesn't have the diamond headstock inlay that a LP Custom usually has.  Rosewood fingerboard wasn't the norm for a custom either.  The wrap-around stop bar and single pickup are unusual as well as the color.  You might call Gibson customer service or email them the pictures, with the serial number they should be able to tell you something more about it.

A quick search yielded this -

Gibson Custom Les Paul 1957 Reissue 1 Pickup with Wraparound Bridge

It's no longer available, and no telling when the page originally appeared - but looks like the same R-7
If you look at the pics on the page you'll see the serial# is very similar.  It might've been a MF exclusive.
wpnsBir.jpg

OVERVIEW
A plain top, single pickup and simple bridge make this an unmuffled tone-machine

The Gibson Custom Les Paul 1957 Reissue 1 Pickup with Wraparound Bridge may have a modest set of features, but the tone that it produces will inspire you to play better. There's something to be said for having just one pickup in the right position and a single volume and tone control at your disposal.

With this 1957 Les Paul Reissue you're getting the most pure tone that its combination of mahogany and maple can produce. Now all of the tonal variations and sonic nuances are coming from your fingertips and your playing technique. No more switching between pickup configurations, nor tweaking tone-draining circuitry to modify your sound. It's down to you. Similar to driving a well-tuned old sportscar, you'll discover how to get the most from this unique guitar the more time you spend with it.

With its comfortable, '50s-shaped neck, slightly reduced weight and well-balanced body, this humble Les Paul will lead you to new sonic territories as it under-promises, yet over-delivers. Did we mention that it also looks super cool? Includes case.

FEATURES
Mahogany back with plain maple top
Creme body binding
'57 Les Paul neck profile with rosewood fingerboard
MOP trapezoid position markers
Short tenon
24.75" scale, nylon nut
Aged Acrylic inlays and cream binding
Reissue bridge pickup with volume and tone
Wraparound bridge and reissue tuning machines
Nickel hardware
Vintage switch tip and truss cover