Gibson Brands Forums

Eds-1275 seitches

Nikkocic

Hi everybody, i recently bought an eds-1275 custom shop 2015, in my guitar the lower switch set the neck, the upper switch set the pickup, in some videos i see that the switches are inverted, in other are like mine, so is it normal?or if is not which is the right setting?

thanks

4 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Controls are not always logical. My LP has volume knobs the reverse way around, and the switch I thought was a coil tap, is a boost. Yes it was like that from new.

So when you turn the knob counter clockwise it gets louder? A Gibson?

Unless they used reverse log pots which is highly unlikely then your tapers are all screwed up. So there is most likely a problem other than the counterintuitive user interface 

It would be really easy to fix this by swapping the wires between lugs 3 and 1 (the two outer lugs) on each offending pot

1 hour ago, Dub-T-123 said:

So when you turn the knob counter clockwise it gets louder? A Gibson?

Unless they used reverse log pots which is highly unlikely then your tapers are all screwed up. So there is most likely a problem other than the counterintuitive user interface 

It would be really easy to fix this by swapping the wires between lugs 3 and 1 (the two outer lugs) on each offending pot

No not like that. I just meant the knob placement. The bridge volume control is closer to the neck and the neck volume is closer to the bridge. Every other guitar I have used has the neck volume knob in the forward position.