Gibson Brands Forums

J-45 Studio Strap and Lock Recommendations

Colin MacDonald

Hello all - 

Recently purchased a J-45 Studio Rosewood Burst. Due to the combined jack and guitar pin my existing selection of guitar straps don't fit securely over the pin and a bit nervous about the strap falling off and potentially causing major damage to the guitar !  Would welcome any recommendations for a particular strap and locking system.

Many thanks in advanced for your feedback ! 

Best regards,

Colin 

1 hour ago, Colin MacDonald said:

Hello all - 

Recently purchased a J-45 Studio Rosewood Burst. Due to the combined jack and guitar pin my existing selection of guitar straps don't fit securely over the pin and a bit nervous about the strap falling off and potentially causing major damage to the guitar !  Would welcome any recommendations for a particular strap and locking system.

Many thanks in advanced for your feedback ! 

Best regards,

Colin 

Colin,

I bought a used j45 which had the input jack but no pick-up. To prevent the strap from slipping off I moulded a mushroom shaped plug using  two-part epoxy.  It is pressure fit into the jack and works very well.

If you are handy enough to try this, let me know and I'll explain in detail how to make one. And if not, I believe Stu mac sells similar flanged plugs.

Hope this is helpful.

RBSinTo

The slot around the circumference of many of the endpin/jacks is narrower than the thickness of the piece of leather with the hole used by many strap makers.  So, it is not just a matter of changing the shape of the hole. The leather may still be too thick to fit into the slot.   G'luck.