Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson L-00 or blues king?

Teonte10

Hi
I'm considering to buy this acoustic guitar.
The owner says this l-00 was made 15 years ago.  But could this actually be the Gibson Blues King instead? I currently have only these pictures to show from the owner.
Also, I'm still trying to understand what is the difference between l-00 and Blues King.
I was trying to search l-00s from 2006 but only found Blues Kings from that year. Does that mean that Blues king is part of the L-00 line up?

Thanks in advance

m55758820150_4.jpeg

m55758820150_2.jpeg

m55758820150_1.jpeg

Edited by Teonte10

The L-OO is a really nice fingerpicking and blues guitar.  The Blues King is a variant on the standard L-OO.

I assume if it is a Blues King, the label will identify it as such.

There are people here that own both the Blues King and the standard L-OO, and they may offer comments.

38 minutes ago, j45nick said:

The L-OO is a really nice fingerpicking and blues guitar.  The Blues King is a variant on the standard L-OO.

There are people here that own both the Blues King and the standard L-OO, and they may offer comments.

One of the best things about playing some dirt-under-your-fingernails blues is no special gear needed.   OK, so a Taylor may be pushing it a bit.

While my memory ain't all it used to be, did you not own an L-00 Legend? 

Edited by zombywoof

29 minutes ago, zombywoof said:

One of the best things about playing some dirt-under-your-fingernails blues is no special gear needed.   OK, so a Taylor may be pushing it a bit.

While my memory ain't all it used to be, did you not own an L-00 Legend? 

I still do. It's a really nice guitar.

1 hour ago, j45nick said:

Thanks for the comments!
I have two options:

1. Buy the used 2001 Gibson (in the photo), I assume it's L-OO as I cannot get more details at the moment.
or
2. Buy a brand new L-OO Standard. This would cost only $300 more than option 1.

I cannot try either one as both are only available to buy online.

5 minutes ago, Teonte10 said:

Thanks for the comments!
I have two options:

1. Buy the used 2001 Gibson (in the photo), I assume it's L-OO as I cannot get more details at the moment.
or
2. Buy a brand new L-OO Standard. This would cost only $300 more than option 1.

I cannot try either one as both are only available to buy online.

Buy the new one. You have comeback on it if you have any issues that way...the '01 looks nice, but in those pics it looks like it has a very low saddle, which would indicate a shallow neck angle and possibly a neck reset required, which would cost more than the $300 difference in asking price by some way. 

4 hours ago, Jinder said:

Buy the new one. You have comeback on it if you have any issues that way...the '01 looks nice, but in those pics it looks like it has a very low saddle, which would indicate a shallow neck angle and possibly a neck reset required, which would cost more than the $300 difference in asking price by some way. 

If you can't play either one, I would probably buy the new one for only $300 difference. You get the advantage of the original owner guarantee, which may vary depending on where in the world you live.