Gibson Brands Forums

Lovely, lovely, lovely Emmylou Harris L200...

Jinder

I know these are highly thought of guitars, but I spent some quality time with one yesterday and was blown away...such a wonderful instrument. It was a 2001, beautifully played in with a really rich, sweet and singing tone.

It played like silk too.

I wish I could afford it...sigh. Still, one can dream :-)

Anyone else love these?

I just got one 3 months ago and is one of the best guitars I have ever played, I can't believe the sound that comes out of such a small guitar. It is loud, lush and sweet, well worth the 2 guitars and camera I sold to get it. Definitely worth obsessing over.

bad picture of a great guitar:

l2001.jpg

l2004.jpg

Yeah I have one too. It's a fantastic guitar. Mine is 2007 vintage and has the same body shape as imcdn's. They are like miniature SJ-200s. The electronics in the later L-200s are outstanding I think. Mine sounds great plugged in or not.

Pic

Would this be similar to a J200 Jr. size guitar?

My L-200 is identical in size and shape to a CJ-165. I do not know what the specs are for the J-200 Jr. The L-200 is a diminutive guitar - the lower bout 15" at its widest point. It is a short scale guitar without the deep bass of the much larger J-150/200s...

The earlier L200s were different to the CJ165, unlike the current ones.

It doesn't sound like an SJ200, but certainly no less lovely.

If anything, the L200 is probably more of an all-rounder than the SJ200.

Gorgeous thing to behold, too.

AJ, I think only playing one would tell if you would have your SJ200 thirst slaked by an L200...let me know, if you track one down, how you get on with it!

The maple 165, like the L200, is like a miniature 200 with the five piece maple neck, maple body and rosewood fingerboard. The rosewood 165's are a bit like the 185 in that they have mahogany neck. The ebony fretboard on the 165 RW is somewhat of a departure. (The double parallelograms on the fretboard of the 165's are like the 185, while the crowns on the L200 echo the J-200).

I just got one 3 months ago and is one of the best guitars I have ever played' date=' I can't believe the sound that comes out of such a small guitar. It is loud, lush and sweet, well worth the 2 guitars and camera I sold to get it. Definitely worth obsessing over.

bad picture of a great guitar:

[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/standswithatude/l2001.jpg[/img]

l2004.jpg

That is STUNNING!

Archived