Gibson Brands Forums

Wanting information

MFILTZ

2 hours ago, jt said:

Yes, a Banner LG-2! Great guitar. Replaced bridge, but otherwise looks original.

I thought the bridge looked too nice. Everyone I've seen from that era has the radius runoff at the ends of the saddle slightly angled. When I had one made for my LG1, I mentioned that to my luthier. I think he did a good job.

Bridges

Edited by Dave F

35 minutes ago, jedzep said:

Replaced bridge? Guess that's why I shouldn't comment. What indicates this, John?

Slightly oversized in length and width. shape, as Dave points out is wrong, most curiously, the saddle is not angled.

6 minutes ago, jt said:

Slightly oversized in length and width. shape, as Dave points out is wrong, most curiously, the saddle is not angled.

I enlarged the bridge and see what you mean. No pearl dots over the screws, the end looks tapered toward the endpin , extreme bridge pin slots and the saddle slot looks filled in. Looks like its been shaved down and reslotted.

lg2 bridge from forum

14 minutes ago, Dave F said:

I enlarged the bridge and see what you mean. No pearl dots over the screws, the end looks tapered toward the endpin , extreme bridge pin slots and the saddle slot looks filled in. Looks like its been shaved down and reslotted.

lg2 bridge from forum

Yeah, a pretty ugly bridge. but easily fixable (except for the enlarged footprint). Still, a gorgeous guitar!