Gibson Brands Forums

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

eeh1

I heard back from Gibson and my guitar is indeed adirondack sruce top' date=' aj bracing , hide glue and everything else it should be. It is a great sounding guitar.

My obsession is over.

amen[/quote']

But which side of the Adironacks was the tree in? Hmm? :-$

Doug' date=' don't get him started again. The man is finally at peace! LOL

Enjoy your Adirondack-ed, hide-glued, AJ-braced new guitar, Eric! :-/ [/quote']

Geee..... I dunno, Karen ...... do we know if it has the fabled Colosi pins??? :D/

Maybe Gibson is wrong. maybe............................................. hahahahahahaha

Sorry for putting everyone through my J45 obsession. Iam at peace........................... for now.

I think your questions are fair. You should know what you bought.

If Gibson could've just put the correct label on it then you would not have had this problem.

This is not the first time I have heard of an incorrect label.

If you ever wanted to sell it just think how much doubt you will have from a buyer. He would want to see it on the label, too.

Doesn't sound like you need to worry about selling this one!

Actually, I've not been there. Admittedly, I tend to buy guitars because of how they sound and play, not for any other reason. I never consider -- wrongly perhaps -- potential future resale value, the color of the case liner, the guitar's exact name, etc. This is because I'm buying the guitar to play, and not as an investment or for the beauty of the accessories.

I admit that if I were the OP I would also be nervous about whether the guitar I bought was what it was advertised to be *IF* I had allowed myself to buy it without first verifying WTF it actually is, something I don't believe I would ever do, 'specially not for what these puppies cost.

I suppose it's beating a dead horse, but ah, what the heck...

It seems to me that eeh1 would not have had this obsession if he had just been able to get his hands on one of the 167 J-45 TV VOS LTD's. All the other goodies would have let him know what guitar he had. As the 167 were not available to him, he had to resort to getting the next best thing, which was billed as the *same* thing, without the goodies. Given the rather inconsistent quality of product knowledge coming out of Gibson, I don't blame him for wanting to know.

Having said that, it would not surprise me in the least if Gibson doesn't really *know* the answer to the question of what guitar it is. Is it such a stretch that someone at Gibson just said, "yes, it's the same" just to close the case, so to speak?

That he likes/loves the guitar is what is important. A secondary benefit is that should he ever choose to sell it on eBay, he can say "Gibson told me it is a 2009 version of the 2008 LTD's," however, absent documentation you're just taking someone's word for it anyway.

...it would not surprise me in the least if Gibson doesn't really *know* the answer to the question of what guitar it is...

This is the part that amuses and troubles me. The fact that Gibson itself can be an inconsistent/unreliable source of information about its own guitars has come up in other recent threads, and the fact that the dealer was not able to provide this info to eeh1 and that he actually had to contact more than one person at Gibson to get it is also mystifying and unfortunate.

And don't get me started on dealers. Not to use too broad a brush here, but many of them are morons when it comes to product info. It has been my experience that a quick Google search arms me with more product info than 90% of the people who work in guitar shops.

I heard back from Gibson and my guitar is indeed adirondack sruce top' date=' aj bracing , hide glue and everything else it should be. It is a great sounding guitar.

My obsession is over.

amen[/quote']

I'm glad you now know how, with what, and when it was made so you can decide if you like the tone. :-

My obsession is over.

amen[/quote']

I am so glad you now know exactly when, how and with what your Gibson was made so you could finally make a determination of the quality of the sound it makes. :-

Having said that, have you considered if it has just the right nut, saddle and PINS!??????

Traditionally bone is used for the nut and saddle, but to be totally perfect for sound production, the saddle needs to be from the shoulder blade of a Hampshire hog and the nut from the left tibia of a Herford steer. Then, the coup de gras, is if the pins are made from fossilized mastadon second molars which are no fewer than 28,000 years old, nor older than 780,000 years. Then the nut slots should be, to produce just the right Gibson tone, lubricated with 28 year old penguin snot. Anything else is just tray gosch.

Happy hunting!

Then the nut slots should be' date=' to produce just the right Gibson tone, lubricated with 28 year old penguin snot. Anything else is just tray gosch.

Happy hunting![/quote']

This is very disturbing because I have been using 29 year old penguin snot. I thought something sounded funny.

This is very disturbing because I have been using 29 year old penguin snot. I thought something sounded funny.

You'll have to get after your guit tar accessory purveyor for not rotating his stock.

Just my 2 cents here! Gibson is wrong ocasionally on what guitar have for glue ect! I have just experienced this with my J 45 Adi topped. When I was buying this guitar used I e mailed Gibson with the serial number to find out if it had an Adi top and Hide glue. Because like the aboves J 45 it had nothing on the label just "J-45"

The e mail back said " The J 45 serial number you sent is consistent with a J 45 made with a adi top and hide glue."

I had this on my Outlook stored. When I changed browsers I lost the e mail.

So just weeks ago when I decided to sell it I e mailed them again to get verification to advertise it. This is what I got.

"The J 45 ser. number you sent is consistent with a J 45 made with an Adi top but no hide glue was used"

What would you believe? Very inconsistent! :)

suburude

I am so glad you now know exactly when' date=' how and with what your Gibson was made so you could finally make a determination of the quality of the sound it makes. [-(

Having said that, have you considered if it has just the right nut, saddle and PINS!??????

Traditionally bone is used for the nut and saddle, but to be totally perfect for sound production, the saddle needs to be from the shoulder blade of a Hampshire hog and the nut from the left tibia of a Herford steer. Then, the coup de gras, is if the pins are made from fossilized mastadon second molars which are no fewer than 28,000 years old, nor older than 780,000 years. Then the nut slots should be, to produce just the right Gibson tone, lubricated with 28 year old penguin snot. Anything else is just tray gosch.

Happy hunting![/quote']

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

That is the funniest thing ever.

I'm going to phone Bob Colosi NOW and order all of that! To hell with the expense! Damn the torpedoes! I MUST have my Hampshire Hog Shoulder Blade saddle!!

Archived