Gibson Brands Forums

Mister GIBS is away from home ...

MR GIBS

I had to do that.

But it is hard to survive the parting (hard for me) - M-R GIBS is happy now (for sure!) because he is in good hands.

He is in a master luthier's atelier 150 miles from home. (it was found that down here in wild east-Europe there is not much qualified luthiers to adjust an SJ 200)

I hope and I believe that this is for the good of M-R GIBS.

He is there:

http://www.penev-guitars.com/page.php?6

I can only pray and light candles and expect the phone call from the atelier.

Please, folks - pray with me

I need him!

I can not play my other guitars now..........

I want him back!!!!!!

I need him back........

I had to do that.

But it is hard to survive the parting (hard for me) - M-R GIBS is happy now (for sure!) because he is in good hands.

He is in a master luthier's atelier 150 miles from home. (it was found that down here in wild east-Europe there is not much qualified luthiers to adjust an SJ 200)

I hope and I believe that this is for the good of M-R GIBS.

He is there:

http://www.penev-guitars.com/page.php?6

I can only pray and light candles and expect the phone call from the atelier.

Please' date=' folks - pray with me

I need him!

I can not play my other guitars now..........

I want him back!!!!!!

I need him back........

[/quote']

What is being done to Mr. Gibs?

Karen,

From your mouth - to the GibsonGuitarGods (GGG) ears!

Murph - basicly you have the right to tell this. But as I have no the skills to repair it miself, the only chance is to find a dicent luthier (and I believe that I found him).

Well - he told me that I have to wait about two weeks. He has a lot of other guitars to repair and some of them belong to musicians that work with guitars to earn their life. So I must wait...

Matter of fact there was a long talk with the luthier. It lasted about 1,5 hours. He made me play much things to see how I do with fingers and with the pick, just to know what to do with the action.

This luthier has never seen an SJ 200 before that moment. I tell you, folks - this it the first Gibson SJ 200 in Bulgaria.

Maybe I should learn some things to do with the guitar... To let M-R GIBS in other hands is not pretty good!

Krasi, I'm sure he is in good hands and will come home playing and sounding better than ever! A great luthier can work wonders, especially with a beautiful tone machine like Mr. Gibs!

The hardest part is the waiting, I know. But it will be worth it! m

Archived