Gibson Brands Forums

Concerts

Sgt. Pepper

What about Stray Cat Blues they are talking about having a three way with under age girls.

I can see that you're fifteen years old
No I don't want your I.D.

You say you got a friend, that she's wilder than you
Why don't you bring her upstairs

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

4 hours ago, jvi said:

thro Donovan "mellow yellow" on the heap as well, the 14 year old girl line is creepy for sure....

"Mellow Yellow" and "Electric Boogie" (Electric Slide) were both written about a woman's erotic toy - or so I've read.

I remember when radio stations banned "Splish Splash" because Bobby Darin never put his pants on in the lyrics (although it was implied), and "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" because it was implied that the boy the Shirelles was singing about was wanting to spend the night with  'her'.

Then the Stones did "Let's Spend The Night Together" and stations refused to play that.

As time went on "Afternoon Delight" was about intercourse and played, and now we have songs like W.A.P. being played.

My apologies to Pete Seeger

Where have all the censors gone, long time passing
Where have all the censors gone, long time ago
Off the air it had to go, every time that they said "No"
They were all way to stern,  They're gone with no return

Notes ♫

Saw Buddy Guy and KWS last night. Buddy isn’t what he used to be, but he is 85. He didn’t do to many blistering lead lines. He let his other guitarist take those.

KWS and his band were really good. He had his vocalist, a keyboard player, bassist, a sax and trumpet player backing him up. Kenny came out playing a black LP. The rest of the night it was all Strats.