Gibson Brands Forums

Affirmative Action?

Homz

why is it that right wingers always assume a minority who gets a job or promotion' date=' got it because of "affirmative action?"[/quote']

I've never assumed.

Either I know the facts or I don't.

I never speculated until I started seeing chronic ineptitude.

It's not their skin color that makes them incompetent.

My thought is that if people think the minority got it only because of affirmative action -- ie' date=' the person wasn't as qualified as "me" -- that is another good reason for affirmative action. [/quote']

Never lost a job opportunity to a minority that I'm aware of.

The few interviews I've done in my lifetime netted me a job almost every time.

How in the crud would one know the minority wasn't qualified?

I DID know their background' date=' education, etc.

I worked with them and had to cover their asses.

I worked overtime night shifts because they called in "sick" after they had used all their sick time - with no consequence.

I had to protect our facility from possible leaks and explosions by following behind them - they could not be trusted.

Reminds me of the old Homer Simpson line where he said;

"They hired me for my work ethic - when I'm around, everybody has to work harder."

Cracks me up.

In my line of work, there was nothing funny about it. Imagine coming to work to find a smoking crater where your job was.

What is your field of expertise?

NeoCon,

Sounds to me you have nothing to whine about. So why do you whine and continue perpetuating these stereotype of minorities who get a promotion or job?

I'd love to see what you consider "facts." Maybe you'll explain.

Contrary to the probable presumption on my beliefs. I think any system that uses race' date=' culture, heritage or sex as a basis for anything other then the staffing of a new rendition of the 'Village People' is a flawed system. Everyone should stand on their own merits not be advanced due to the color of their skin.

The concept of this is simply another from of racism.

End quote

Doesn't this kind of undermine everything you've posted up to now?[/quote']

Why would this void what I've said before. I am only saying all people could be treated equally.

Hoyt, I have to commend you.

Taking pseudo-intellectual Liberalism to a new pathetic height must require some considerable effort on your part.

I dunno, maybe you're just that skilled and talented.

Sounds to me you have nothing to whine about.

Only Liberalism and its attendant mental disorder' date=' combined with a hate and intolerance of any ideals they disagree with.

Costs me money (more every day) and is a blight on healthy society.

So why do you whine and continue perpetuating these stereotype of minorities who get a promotion or job?

I perpetuate nothing.

I simply turn on the light and let the world see reality for themselves, instead of trying to create reality anew every day...

I'd love to see what you consider "facts."

Just read.

What you delude yourself into believing is 'hardass right wing' folly is rooted in American values 250 years old.

Where are yours from?

Cracker Jacks?

Maybe you'll explain.

With every post.

I'll point out the obvious here;

I have no fear of stating my opinion' date=' what I believe to be true, and cold, hard irrefutable facts.

You on the other hand, swim in hate, bitterness and distrust of ANYBODY with a dollar you can't get your hands on.

Here's your big break.

I'll give you a chance to answer a question.

(I know, being a Looney Toon Lefty means you are obligated in no way to actually contribute to a conversation, but try it!)

If that makes you uncomfortable, like your very soul will be sucked from your body and printed on the screen, try this;

What size shoe do you wear?

Surely you can handle THAT....

:-)

Why would this void what I've said before. I am only saying all people could be treated equally.

Rudy's right.

Doesn't sound like the Homz we all know and love.

Special interests, special considerations, special circumstances, your world revolves around being special.

:-)

Rudy's right.

Doesn't sound like the Homz we all know and love.

Special interests' date=' special considerations, special circumstances, your world revolves around being special.

:-)[/quote']

Please further your point. I am no quite sure what your're sayin

Almost every thread you start illustrates (to me) the ulterior motive of always trying to work an angle.

You're always trying to figure out how to be (or appear to be) smarter than everybody else.

I'm okay with just putting on my pants in the morning and going to work.

My job is intact without 'protection.'

My kids are fine without doors kicked open for them.

My gov't takes too much of my money and gives it to dead weight and slackers who should be starving...

The church you so disdain should be the one offering hope, charity and shelter to those truly in need.

Yeah, we're WAY different in a lot of ways.

I'll give you a chance to answer a question.

I see Hoyt bailed out one more time.

At least he's consistent.

Throws half-baked assertions out in the forum assuming we'll all kneel in his Grace, the folds like a lawn chair if we don't.

Okay.....

Let's do this one more time.

Are you in a union?

Are you gonna tell me the union has no say in who gets hired, then promoted?

I think you're in a shop unlike any I've ever seen or worked in.

Neocon,

I wear a size 12, sometimes an 11.5 -- depending upon the make and origin.

I have several areas of expertise.

But on this site an am expressing my opinion from observation. If you don't agree with my opinion -- or just don't like anything that helps poor people or minorities -- that's your right. Doesn't make any difference as to whether you are a endocrinologist; professor; scientist; EEOC lawyer; defense attorney for large and small companies that clearly discriminate; bag boy/girl; Joe the Plumber's fetch it guy, or whatever.

Have a nice day, and try to smile at somebody who could use one.

Neocon' date='

I wear a size 12, sometimes an 11.5 -- depending upon the make and origin.

I have several areas of expertise.

But on this site an am expressing my opinion from observation. If you don't agree with my opinion -- or just don't like anything that helps poor people or minorities -- that's your right. Doesn't make any difference as to whether you are a endocrinologist; professor; scientist; EEOC lawyer; defense attorney for large and small companies that clearly discriminate; bag boy/girl; Joe the Plumber's fetch it guy, or whatever.

Have a nice day, and try to smile at somebody who could use one.[/quote']

We know that one of your areas of expertise is the use of the machete for self protection...=D>

I'm smiling/laughing at you...not with you...=D>

Okay.....

Let's do this one more time.

Are you in a union?

Are you gonna tell me the union has no say in who gets hired' date=' then promoted?

I think you're in a shop unlike any I've ever seen or worked in.[/quote']

Management hires. Management promotes. Unless the person runs for office within the Union.

You should probably brush up on the groups you hate and want destroyed.

Archived