Gibson Brands Forums

Headstock logo on 50th Anniversary Explore

Robo55

I recently purchased a 2008 50th Anniversary GOTM Explorer Brimstone.  The logo is different than the Ted McCarty as originally advertised.  I came across a couple of posts talking about errors in the logo for this particular model.  The owner of the post contacted Gibson to find out some have Ted McCarty's logo and some have the traditional logo.  Does anyone have information on how many was by error or any other information about this model?    

• 2 months later...

Hello.  I posted about this back in 2008 when I received mine.  Never received any additional info from Gibson regarding the error.  Some of the early run seemed to have this regular logo.  After that, they all seemed to have the McCarty logo that they were marketed to have.  Almost every one I have seen for sale over the years has the McCarty logo, leading me to believe that far fewer have the incorrect logo.  I still have mine, #077.  It's still brand new and has a very nice flame top.  Been out of the case a few times to look at.

Edited by Mvfvette1

3 hours ago, rct said:

Good luck with that retirement plan.

rct

All the Beanie Babies I bought amounted to nothing. 

13 hours ago, Mvfvette1 said:

Hello.  I posted about this back in 2008 when I received mine.  Never received any additional info from Gibson regarding the error.  Some of the early run seemed to have this regular logo.  After that, they all seemed to have the McCarty logo that they were marketed to have.  Almost every one I have seen for sale over the years has the McCarty logo, leading me to believe that far fewer have the incorrect logo.  I still have mine, #077.  It's still brand new and has a very nice flame top.  Been out of the case a few times to look at.

If you got the guitar and made a post about it in 2008, then your guitar is not brand new, it may be in mint condition, but new - nope. Can't you hear the guitar in the case crying, take me out and play me. I have pants I just hang on hangers in the closet. Wear them are you mad. Thats a 2016 pair of Levi's Dockers.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper