Gibson Brands Forums

Where can I get an appraisal for the below guitar. 1965 Gibson Epiphone Wilshire

cmykman

Where can I get an appraisal for the below guitar. 1965 Gibson Epiphone Wilshire , I will attach some photos.

In fair condition neck was broke in early 70's , fixed by Gibson.... has been in storage for years .

Time to sell to someone who can fix up or use for parts. Still plays, electronics  little funky.

Maybe some of you can chime in what you think its worth? 

Serial # 267004 

lr_1965_Gibson_Epiphone_F copy.jpg

LR_Serial_267004 copy.jpg

1 minute ago, cmykman said:

neck is fine.... straight as an arrow. This was fixed by Gibson. I am assuming the truss rod is good and intact. The parts, electronics, pickups, etc..... will keep this off the firewood pile.

Thanks

That's good to hear that the neck is OK.  Anything else should be easy enough to deal with and not very detrimental to what you could get for the guitar.  I wish I could help you with someone to price it out for you.  Other than that, are there any other listings you could compare to would be the next best place to get a better idea what you can get.  Good luck! 

An actual appraisal for pricing/insurance purposes would be Gruhn in Nashville, can get pricey.  An appraisal meaning "how much do these go for?" would be mostly closed sales for that guitar on Reverb.  Keeping in mind, that guitar with a Gibson repaired broke neck, so that will narrow the pricing down considerably.

rct

To me a guitar that has been broken is just that. What I would pay for it, and what someone who wants it are two different things. Is it rare? Not sure. There are 2 vintage ones on Reverb right now. One is a '64 and is 3k, and a  '65 at 4.5k. I don't think either one of those have been broken and fixed.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I understand I am not getting top dollar for this. Just want an idea of where i should start asking price as I am shopping around. I too have seen the 3,000-5,000 dollar range on these guitars in good shape. I had one guy tell me 2,000? i thought that was high. I have seen these mini humbacher pickups alone  on eBay for 500 each?  

38 minutes ago, cmykman said:

I understand I am not getting top dollar for this. Just want an idea of where i should start asking price as I am shopping around. I too have seen the 3,000-5,000 dollar range on these guitars in good shape. I had one guy tell me 2,000? i thought that was high. I have seen these mini humbacher pickups alone  on eBay for 500 each?  

Well if 3 -4.5k is what there going for right now, then minus the break aspect into it? Who knows.