Gibson Brands Forums

More Rock Doc's

Sgt. Pepper

I watched the documentary last night about the Velvet Underground. Its good, but what made me laugh is what some of the people in the documentary said. They are the same things I said "Lou you can't sing or play guitar".

Next up I will be watching Summer Of Soul.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I've seen a few on Netflix. This week I tried watching one on a re-formed Queen. I lasted about 4 minutes before surrendering to the overpowering onslaught of BS.

The Bob Weir one is good. So's the one about drummers. 

Yeah I’ve seen The Other One. The 6 or 8 part doc on The Grateful Dead called I think, Long Strange Trip is good. It might be on Amazon.

I watched one on Trash Metal a few weeks back. Can’t remember the name. 

I also re-watched The Filth And The Fury about the Sex Pistols, and the one about The Ramones right after the Trash Metal one.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I re-watched the Zappa doc. Its pretty good for anyone who knows little to nothing about Zappa. 

I watched Summer Of Soul the other day. It was good. Sly was bringing it and the threads all the groups were wearing were beyond killer. The 5th Dimension had it going on.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 3/10/2022 at 4:01 AM, merciful-evans said:

I've seen a few on Netflix. This week I tried watching one on a re-formed Queen. I lasted about 4 minutes before surrendering to the overpowering onslaught of BS.

The Bob Weir one is good. So's the one about drummers. 

Queen is only Queen with the original singer -  the mustachioed one, the American Idol fruit loop singer and Paul Rodgers singing with the other 3 guys is just a crock.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper