Gibson Brands Forums

Nice Picture of Gillian

rscott4079

I'm not an LG expert in the least but if you held a gun to my head I'd call it a '55 or so. It has 19 frets I think, small guard, but a belly up bridge.

No newer than '55 anyway..... when did they switch from the small rectangular bridge?

Fred, that's Gil's '56 J-50. I know she once had a Guild, which was apparently stolen, then she got her '56 J-50. I think she probably owns a few guitars as I've seen her play different guitars in video clips. Her main one tho' is the J-50.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/carterfamily/sfeature/sf_welch.html

I don't know about that little one in the first pic tho'?

Hey, Karen, I think I once read that she played an older Guild D-25 or something like that. I'm pretty sure it was solid mahogany top, back and sides. I think she looks good with the J-50, seems to fit her style and, of course, sounds great.

Hey' date=' Karen, I think I once read that she played an older Guild D-25 or something like that. I'm pretty sure it was solid mahogany top, back and sides. I think she looks good with the J-50, seems to fit her style and, of course, sounds great. [/quote']

D-25! That's it! I forgot. Yeah, I think it was a mid-80's one? I agree, she suits her J-50 and it suits her. :-) That J-50 is older than she is.

In my perfect world, I'd own a '58 J-50, for the year I was born!

Archived