Gibson Brands Forums

Gene

Sgt. Pepper

I dont think this is a hate thread...

Its just bringing Gene up on his BS...  He may get away with saying something like that to a fan boy who wants to believe it. But most of us know better... 

I dont hate him, its just an idiotic thing to say and if he only does it to sell more records or just keep his name in the press, that makes t even worse.

19 hours ago, Rabs said:

Its just bringing Gene up on his BS...  He may get away with saying something like that to a fan boy who wants to believe it. But most of us know better... 

I dont hate him, its just an idiotic thing to say and if he only does it to sell more records or just keep his name in the press, that makes t even worse.

Your exactly right. I don't hate Gene, but when he opens his mouth all he is looking for is $, attention, or p-ussy. As s-hitty as a bassist as I am I could probably learn any of Gene's parts in any Kiss song. How f-ing hard is ridding open E. What is Gene's big bass moment that little ditty on Detroit Rock City?

Here is what has been replace with Carol schooling Gene. Why do we not have a Gene signature Epi? Why didn't Kiss record that? It was an obvious hit.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Your exactly right. I don't hate Gene, but when he open his mouth all he is looking for is $, attention, or p-ussy. As s-hitty as a bassist as I am I could probably learn any of Gene's parts in any Kiss song. How f-ing hard is ridding open E. What is Gene's big bass moment that little ditty on Detroit Rock City?

Here is what has been replace with Carol schooling Gene. Why do we not have a Gene signature Epi? Why didn't Kiss record that? It was an obvious hit.

Funnily enough I looked for that vid after you mentioned it and saw the above...  Very strange clip to swap it for.

I have had a look on google too..  And there are several stories about it but all of the videos are down..  Which again shows how sad he is as I would imagine that was his doing. Probably lives in a yes man bubble...

56 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Funnily enough I looked for that vid after you mentioned it and saw the above...  Very strange clip to swap it for.

I have had a look on google too..  And there are several stories about it but all of the videos are down..  Which again shows how sad he is as I would imagine that was his doing. Probably lives in a yes man bubble...

I saw it many times it was so funny. It’s on the one Gene, Carol would keep saying and Gene had this puzzled look “The One”. James Brown’s band knew where that one is.

Here is Dee Snider of  TS calling out Kiss.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/dee_snider_calls_out_bands_that_are_on_fake_farewell_tours_compares_kiss_to_a_fart_in_a_paper_bag.html

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, Rabs said:

he called him a d-bag then more "people" slag the guy while none has met him and all are going by "quotes ,tv and  internut posts,  Im just calling this topic what it is, a hate topic.

Never cared about KISS!  Costumes like that belong in the Mad Max movies.    In music they send a message of silliness and something that is not  anything more than a lame theatrical act.  No doubt it dates me, but I’ve always been drawn to music that says something to me about my own life and feelings.

6 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Let me guess.  If political discussions were allowed here, you could express whatever opinions you want about a politician and that's not slander or hate.  But the rules change when someone talks about Gene Simmons? 

never said that ,I react to name calling and rude put downs and comments like "what a d bag", its a forum and I do say  what I what , I am surprised how many here go along with this constant crap.

2 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

Never cared about KISS!  Costumes like that belong in the Mad Max movies.    In music they send a message of silliness and something that is not  anything more than a lame theatrical act.  No doubt it dates me, but I’ve always been drawn to music that says something to me about my own life and feelings.

Calling Dr. Love or or Christine 16 didn't move you? Yeah looking back at it when I was a Kiss nut from 10 to about 14, what was I thinking, Oh right I was 10.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1