Gibson Brands Forums

Strange Sticker on the underside of Gibson Hummingbird's soundboard

jphilly77

Kind of reminds me of some of the crop circles we see around the world.  Or, the women’s body fluid suggestion is also interesting.  Or, someone somewhere along the lifeline of this guitar was was being ornery and wantied to create a situation where people like us are doing what we’re doing…….If it’s just a sticker, I’d just remove it.  If it’s really stuck on there, just leave it.  You know it’s a Gibson Bird, so it’s a sweet guitar.

I feel a new Dan Brown Robert Langdon book coming on.  I have found some strange things inside my guitars.  A rattlesnake rattle in a '56 SJ and a classical guitar style white rectangular label in a '63 B45-12 come to mind.  Mostly just dust bunnies and glue squeeze out though.

But look at it this way.  If you get famous and Gibson bestows a signature Hummingbird on you, they will reproduce the label just as Martin did with the sentiment found written inside Joan Baez's Martin.

Edited by zombywoof

49 minutes ago, zombywoof said:

But look at it this way.  If you get famous and Gibson bestows a signature Hummingbird on you, they will reproduce the label just as Martin did with the sentiment found written inside Joan Baez's Martin.

That one said "Too bad you're a communist"

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Murph said:

That one said "Too bad you're a communist"

When Martin replicated her O-45 for a ‘97 edition, they printed the slogan backwards (so it could be read with an inspection mirror) and stuck them to the inside the guitar. So Baez and Martin made money off the earlier repairman’s meaningless stunt. Sounds like a pretty capitalist move to me.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:09 AM, dhanners623 said:

When Martin replicated her O-45 for a ‘97 edition, they printed the slogan backwards (so it could be read with an inspection mirror) and stuck them to the inside the guitar. So Baez and Martin made money off the earlier repairman’s meaningless stunt. Sounds like a pretty capitalist move to me.

That sounds about right. Commies are only communist when to comes to other people’s money.

• 3 weeks later...