Gibson Brands Forums

Sad day

Guitar God

6 hours ago, Titan II said:

He was a handsome fella! Looks to be a playful, gentle soul. 

Thanks for sharing these pictures of your pal.

René

Thanks! He was such a wonderful big fella. He was like that from day 1. Honestly didn't have to do much training with him at all as a pup.  Never got into any trouble. He was such a great and gentle boy. I still miss him. And you're welcome! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guitar God said:

Thanks! You're right! I wish they lived as long as we do!

In some ways they do. For me anyways. Prolly for you too. It's not just a feeling that something is missing, but I swear I've seen one of my friends, out of the corner of my eye, round a corner and go down the hallway. More than once. I hear a wimper, or claws tapping on the wood floors from like walking. Then there's that smell of theirs. Just pops into my nose. Or reading and feel something snugggle up to my leg. I mostly think they livve on when we recall memories and say their name aloud softly.

I don't overly grieve on. Some kritters, and ppl, have been gone for a while. And I don't dwell on it. But never far from my mind. I think I like it that way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CROWB8 said:

In some ways they do. For me anyways. Prolly for you too. It's not just a feeling that something is missing, but I swear I've seen one of my friends, out of the corner of my eye, round a corner and go down the hallway. More than once. I hear a wimper, or claws tapping on the wood floors from like walking. Then there's that smell of theirs. Just pops into my nose. Or reading and feel something snugggle up to my leg. I mostly think they livve on when we recall memories and say their name aloud softly.

I don't overly grieve on. Some kritters, and ppl, have been gone for a while. And I don't dwell on it. But never far from my mind. I think I like it that way.

Not dwelling is a good thing.  Thinking of any loved one, pet or person from time to time really isn't dwelling.  But they'll remain in your subconscious.  And dreaming is the act of your subconscious doing a "clearing house".  My Grandmother always voiced a belief that when you have a dream that has anyone you loved or cared for that has passed it means that being in your dream is their way of visiting you.  Be it a person or a pet.   Now, you can believe that's true, or that them being on your mind triggered your subconscious mind to manifest their memory in a dream.  Either way, it's kinda cool.  And my Grandmother(and me) are not alone in this.  One day, almost a year after my wife died, the lady next door was giving me a ride to the eye doctor when out of the blue she asked me, "Did you have any visits yet?"  And I have never spoken to her about that kind of thing before.  Turned out she long believed in that too. 

True or not, it does make for some comfort.  And over many years I've had visits from my wife, our two dogs, my Mom, Grandma,  Grandpa and my Dad.   And with the belief they're visiting means I don't wake up sad.

Whitefang

• Thanks 2

Our pets are so important to us,  losing a pet is like losing a family member because they are family. In my 71 years I have been without a dog a total of 3 years...

On my cell phone the scree  shot is of Simba, my flatcoat retriever, he passed away in 1982.  I still miss him, and I give the same love and attention to the two small dogs who have been with us for the past 12 years, and I'm preparing myself for "That day," but wishing it never comes again.

Love 'em while you have 'em,  but remember, there are so many dogs and cats waiting for homes they can bring love to. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2022 at 11:40 PM, Guitar God said:

Had a rough day. My Yellow Lab, Jake, passed away due to cancer. He would have been 13 on the 11th of this month. He was a great dog and such a gentle soul. He'll be missed. R.I.P Jake.
EPRlImV.jpg

Since there's a cat thread, me invites you to start a "mans best friend" thread. Turn that "sad day" into something positive. Me thinks Jake would like that. Yes?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...