Gibson Brands Forums

Martin Dropping "Sitka" From Literature. Will Just Say "Spruce"...

Murph

On 11/5/2022 at 6:19 AM, Murph said:

Bingo.

And that's what they did with the J-15.

I literally call it my walnut J-45.

Then they aborted that plan and did something else.

Leave it to Gibson to make an affordable guitar that people liked, and probably sold well, and then . . . ah . . . lets just make those limited edition $7000 models. Then we only need to make 100, or so and move on. Gibson should just call everything a J-45. The J-45 J-15, the J-45 J-200, the J-45 Hummingbird. That way everyone will have what they want a J-45.

On 11/5/2022 at 6:16 AM, Murph said:

Companies are afraid of being "cancelled" due to wackos.

Gibson is not going to get "cancelled" due to some LBGTQ Generation Z Quiet Quitter's TickTic video out there. If King H didn't derail them with his antics . . .  nothing will. They just oust the old boss and put in the new boss and move on. The ones that can afford, and want a Gibson will buy them, and the ones that can't will just snivel about it and go buy an Epi, or Fender, or something else they can afford. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Gibson is not going to get "cancelled" due to some LBGTQ Generation Z Quiet Quitter's TickTic video out there. If King H didn't derail them with his antics . . .  nothing will. They just oust the old boss and put in the new boss and move on. The ones that can afford, and want a Gibson will buy them, and the ones that can't will just snivel about it and go buy an Epi, or Fender, or something else they can afford... then go onto every forum and Youtube comment section to project their insecurity about not actually owning said Gibson guitar ad nauseam while the rest of us just roll our eyes. 

Fixed.

😂

Edited by Sevendaymelee
  • Like 1

Trying to confirm suspicion that lighter grains are les dense than darker grains ,  stumbled across this.  Seems to confirm it, but I was more amazed by this variation within the different species.  Also found it is the only wood that is so dense, it doesn't float.   

https://www.cookwoods.com/blogs/articles/ebony-week-wildly-variegated-black-white-ebony

On 11/17/2022 at 8:37 AM, fortyearspickn said:

Trying to confirm suspicion that lighter grains are les dense than darker grains ,  stumbled across this.  Seems to confirm it, but I was more amazed by this variation within the different species.  Also found it is the only wood that is so dense, it doesn't float.   

https://www.cookwoods.com/blogs/articles/ebony-week-wildly-variegated-black-white-ebony

I would dig one of those black and white ebony boards on any of my Martins. That looks so damn cool.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper