Gibson Brands Forums

my '03 songwriter deluxe and i

panzeron

thanx for the imput.....nice to be ignored............=D> ...this forum used to be cool

Don't take it personally, panzeron. Not everyone is going to be moved to post in every thread. And if you find the forum less inviting or interesting than it once was, rather than complain about it why not participate more and make it better?

Don't take it personally' date=' panzeron. Not everyone is going to be moved to post in every thread. And if you find the forum less inviting or interesting than it once was, rather than complain about it why not participate more and make it better?[/quote']

Excellent points by Jayla.... not to mention, it was a holiday weekend here and many other areas where people likely were not visiting the forum as much. Also, I can't look at youtube videos during work when I am likely to stop by and check out posts. I will try and give it a look tonight if I have any computer time.

maybe i am being a little sensitive....i have been a member since feb of '04. i used to post more...but i do come here at least 10 times a week.....i was not trying to promote anything...just got a new digital camera figured out how to do it...do it yeee lol.....and just wanted to share it.jannusguy it is real easy to do, i am living proof...i used a cannon a2000is in video mode....it comes with everything u need just plug it into the computer send it somwhere like documents or whatever. the sound i thought came out ok...really bright lost the oooomph....just the camerea mic so cant expect much....i probably was a little sensitive i am sorry. i am open to critique....say it's great say it sux..i am usually not this sensitive....but if someone builds up the courage to post something like this....and it just gets ignored it can hurt. just keep that in mind....i am already over it....like i said i am not usually this sensitive...great to be part of this forum and yes i will get involved more again.......ronnie

I just listened to it, sounded good. Sweet tone on the guitar. You've got G and C chords there with a kind of boom-chucka strumming rhythm going on. I think you could improve it by adding in short base runs as you go from one chord to another (like G-A-B-C as you go from G to C). Possibly you could try playing G using left pinky for the first string and left ring finger for the 6th string (also use the pad of the ring finger to mute the fifth string). Playing it this way allows you to bring down your index and middle fingers on the first fret of 2nd string and 2nd fret of 4th string - try playing around with it. That way you can also suspend the G bass over both chords, giving a sort of sense of mystery to the C chord.

I just listened to it' date=' sounded good. Sweet tone on the guitar. You've got G and C chords there with a kind of boom-chucka strumming rhythm going on. I think you could improve it by adding in short base runs as you go from one chord to another (like G-A-B-C as you go from G to C). Possibly you could try playing G using left pinky for the first string and left ring finger for the 6th string (also use the pad of the ring finger to mute the fifth string). Playing it this way allows you to bring down your index and middle fingers on the first fret of 2nd string and 2nd fret of 4th string - try playing around with it. That way you can also suspend the G bass over both chords, giving a sort of sense of mystery to the C chord.[/quote'] thanx jerryk for the input.....i know my strum patterns are very simple..i cant separate playing and singing. when i first picked up the guitar i started strumming chords and singing...it is a cathartic release for me keeps me sane. yes i do have a sorta boom chuck going on. the hank williams and other old country influence i guess. there is other stuff i play that have a more pick strum going on nothing to dramatic though. when i play i have to be in the mood. it is a deep release for me. i dont usually like whimsical songs. so i dont like to think about what i am playing because my mind is into the meaning of the song. if i try to add to much i lose it. i wish i could do more on the guitar and still retain my focus...just not that great of a musician....1% talent 99% passion. and thanx for the compliment on the tone....she is a sweet player..a few cosmetic imperfections but the tone trumps all...and when your playing is as minimal as mine it helps to have a tone monster......ronnie

Well Ronnie, Hank you're not, but then who is? Hank wore some mighty big shoes, and they ain't easy to fill.

Your Songwriter has a tone like only a Gibson can, and your heart is in the right place. And that should be enough for anyone on this forum. Like Jayla already mentioned, come around a lil' more and post a little more often.

maybe i am being a little sensitive....i have been a member since feb of '04. i used to post more...but i do come here at least 10 times a week.....i was not trying to promote anything...just got a new digital camera figured out how to do it...do it yeee lol.....and just wanted to share it.jannusguy it is real easy to do' date=' i am living proof...i used a cannon a2000is in video mode....it comes with everything u need just plug it into the computer send it somwhere like documents or whatever. the sound i thought came out ok...really bright lost the oooomph....just the camerea mic so cant expect much....i probably was a little sensitive i am sorry. i am open to critique....say it's great say it sux..i am usually not this sensitive....but if someone builds up the courage to post something like this....and it just gets ignored it can hurt. just keep that in mind....i am already over it....like i said i am not usually this sensitive...great to be part of this forum and yes i will get involved more again.......ronnie[/quote']

hug5.gif

Awwww, Panzeron, sorry you felt hurt. Honestly, I'm just seeing this now. I think the long weekend has kept folks busy. bunny.gif

Good job! The guitar sounds great, despite the fact that YouTube can really downgrade the sound quality on uploads! My one tiny little bit of advice would be to watch the timing, how many bars/beats you put in between verses, next lines, etc. My friend is on a Hank Williams kick right now and I've been getting an education on all the great songs he did. I hear ya on the 'playing and singing' part. I really struggle with the guitar playing part when I have to sing, for example. If I could just play guitar, I'd be alot happier and the guitar playing would be alot more advanced. People who don't play and sing don't realize how hard it really is to do both those things together at the same time. The pros make it look so easy. You're doing fine. Keep on keeping on!

=D> :- =D>O:)

hug5.gif

Awwww' date=' Panzeron, sorry you felt hurt. Honestly, I'm just seeing this now. I think the long weekend has kept folks busy. [img']http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/Gilliangirl/bunny.gif[/img]

Good job! The guitar sounds great, despite the fact that YouTube can really downgrade the sound quality on uploads! My one tiny little bit of advice would be to watch the timing, how many bars/beats you put in between verses, next lines, etc. My friend is on a Hank Williams kick right now and I've been getting an education on all the great songs he did. I hear ya on the 'playing and singing' part. I really struggle with the guitar playing part when I have to sing, for example. If I could just play guitar, I'd be alot happier and the guitar playing would be alot more advanced. People who don't play and sing don't realize how hard it really is to do both those things together at the same time. The pros make it look so easy. You're doing fine. Keep on keeping on!

thanx gilliangirl i will keep on keepin on. you r so right about bars beats between verses i have a friend who i sing/play with who always complains about it+:-@ . i am an emotional singer and and sometimes when i am doing a song ,the emotion will sway this way or that. and i will add/subtract things. i never sat down and concisely tried to learn this stuff. i just picked up the guitar and what came out is what came out. but i do it the only way i know how. when i consciencely try to do those things i lose something and it becomes work...i kmow i dont have the greatest voice....although i like it...i desire to convey emotion and i believe i do that....if i could use a body part metaphor to describe the different members of this forum. i might be a fingernail and gilliangirl is truly the heart

:-({|=+:-@:-##-o thanx gilliangirl i will keep on keepin on. you r so right about bars beats between verses i have a friend who i sing/play with who always complains about it+:-@ . i am an emotional singer and and sometimes when i am doing a song ' date='the emotion will sway this way or that. and i will add/subtract things. i never sat down and concisely tried to learn this stuff. i just picked up the guitar and what came out is what came out. but i do it the only way i know how. when i consciencely try to do those things i lose something and it becomes work...i kmow i dont have the greatest voice....although i like it...i desire to convey emotion and i believe i do that....if i could use a body part metaphor to describe the different members of this forum. i might be a fingernail and gilliangirl is truly the heart[/quote']

Thank you for the heart compliment but you most DEFINITELY are NOT a fingernail!! I think folks are just saying feel free to hang around more. I remember us chatting on the old forum! I think it's great that you get the emotion out of the song... that's what it's all about. I think we all struggle with the sound of our own voice (unless you're Barbra Streisand!). I remember reading that Mark Knopfler absolutely hates the sound of his voice. I'm getting used to the sound of mine, and I'm just trying to work on staying on pitch. Easier said than done! Anyway, let's just stay on the musical journey we're on and enjoy the ride. :-s :-&/

Archived