Gibson Brands Forums

'65 J-45 ADJ........

Buc McMaster

Don't know if anyone is looking these days, but on the chance that there is, here's a very good looking 1965 J-45 with a nice faded cherry sunburst.  Don't know enough about the market to say if this is a good price or not............reckon that's up to the buyer.  This the ceramic saddle?  (I know there's someone here that would know.)

(Disclaimer:  I know the folks at this music store but beyond that there is no affiliation nor endoresment of the product in question.)

1965 J-45ADJ

Looks terrific - but being from 65 it makes sense to believe it's the narrow nut.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Someone who can handle 5/8 should come down like hawk. The guitar is probably excellent. 

And yes, we see the matte version of the burned white glazed clay 🧐

What a difference time makes.  The asking price on that '65 is what I have invested (initial purchase and repairs) in my 1942 J50.  It also clocks in at around $1800 more than I paid for my '46 LG2 and my '56 SJ.  I recall at the time thinking the price I paid could not possibly go any higher because nobody in their right mind would pay more than that.

For me though it is not just the narrow nut which makes them a non-starter but the fact that it is combined with a thin neck carve and skimpy string spacing at the bridge.  Not my idea of a little slice guitar heaven. 

Edited by zombywoof