Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: J45 Custom

DogsPart2

As a geezer who is old and getting older elected to sell most of my guitars within the last year so as not to burden the wife when I do ride off into the sunset.

Down to 1 superb electric and 1 amazing acoustic

Came home with this earlier this week. My final and only acoustic

G78gW1G.jpg

Tu0im8d.jpg

ojiFpkP.jpg

Thank you.

My previous Gibson acoustic was a New Vintage J185 that was wonderful.  Body was a bit large for me, but it sounded like...well a  great J185.

Picked this J45 from a number of KOA guitars, most priced a bit higher.  The first few strums on this  bad boy was all I needed.  Fits like a glove, sounds amazing with that KOA "sparkle" and good bass as well.  Plus, it's so damn gorgeous, even the wife likes it!

• Like 1

Yep. Koa is one of the prettiest woods out there.  But the RW in that fretboard isn’t ugly either.   I’m guessing Bozeman makes an effort to pick out the nicer looking pieces of kindling for their Custom Shop.  
Anyone here know if, based  on the recent significant expansion, is it actually a Place now, as opposed to  Custom Shop really just meaning A Special Run ?