Gibson Brands Forums

Thrash metal is making a come back!

dem00n

slipknot just isn't my cup of tea, i personally hate the vocals and the whole persona they portray

and all metal is not good, i like thrash and old school death metal, but it aint the same anymore

to each they're own...

i personally love to mosh like a crazy indian from outer space thats drunk and high

(edit for jesse, i only play in standard and e-flat standard)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you didn't answer # 5

Actually #4 was supposed to be the answer to #5, idk why I missed #4

but, everything doesn't suck, just most things, so here's the updated list.

1. True

2. False

3. True, except for Slipknot

4. Incorrect

5. VERY true

If I remember correctly DRI was a hardcore band that crossed over into metal by the time they did 'Thrashard'. They slowed waayyyy down for that album I think. (compared to 'the Dirty Rotten EP', say)

I don't know if I agree that thrash and death metal are one & the same... to me the prime difference is death metal bands always have the Cookie Monster singer ("COOOOOOOOOOKIIIIEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!) and often downtune.

If I remember correctly DRI was a hardcore band that crossed over into metal by the time they did 'Thrashard'. They slowed waayyyy down for that album I think. (compared to 'the Dirty Rotten EP'' date=' say)

I don't know if I agree that thrash and death metal are one & the same... to me the prime difference is death metal bands always have the Cookie Monster singer ("COOOOOOOOOOKIIIIEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!) and often downtune. [/quote']

mmm...cookies..

Archived