Gibson Brands Forums

Thrash metal is making a come back!

dem00n

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing with any style of metal is that none of it ever goes away so it never really "comes back," just that it become more popular again (as popular as metal gets, anyway) and evolves.

Here are some more bands from back-in-the-day that you guys might like:

Celtic Frost

Venom

Nuclear Assault

Exodus

Testament

Overkill

Sepultura

Metal Church

Voivod

Stormtroopers of Death (a little off the beaten path)

Speaking of Celtic Frost, here's a very cool video for you:

I think it's time for Morbid Tales...

dude i love S.O.D.

do you like D.R.I. rich?

THRASHARD!

Never got into D.R.I.; If I remember correctly' date=' I think they were more punk than metal. I actually saw S.O.D. at City Gardens in Trenton, NJ, back in the '80's during the Speak English "tour" (I think they played like 10 shows). I didn't even go to see S.O.D., I was there for a friend's band who opened up called Heathen's Rage and there was something like 20 people in attendance because nobody had heard of S.O.D. at the time or knew that the guys from Anthrax were in the band. Milano was funny as hell and I became a fan that night.

Get that fake **** out of here!

=D>

Ok, this is what I don't understand. So many metal-heads HATE Slipknot, and they never actually give a reason.

Yeah they wear masks, cry about it, what is it that you hate?

They're about 100 times more metal than you'll ever dream of being...

=D>

Ok' date=' this is what I don't understand. So many metal-heads HATE Slipknot, and they never actually give a reason.

Yeah they wear masks, cry about it, what is it that you hate?

They're about 100 times more metal than you'll ever dream of being...[/quote']

Cause they think they are the $hit! Look so many bands dont think their the sh!t and their ****ing 10 billion times better then slipknot. Also my ****ing school band is more metal then them!

Cause they think they are the $hit! Look so many bands dont think their the sh!t and their ****ing 10 billion times better then slipknot. Also my ****ing school band is more metal then them!

Give me 1 piece of evidence that proves that they think they're the sh*t, if you can find some, then I'll stop fighting it, but I just think that a lot of people hate on them for no real reason.

And how are they not metal? They are one of the heaviest modern metal bands around, even if you don't like it, it's still metal.

I like Slipknot; I'm not a huge fan but I do like their music. That is, I don't own any of their CDs but, when a friend of mine who DJ at a strip club plays a metal song that I don't know and I ask him who it is, it's almost always Slipknot. So, we can at least conclude that strippers like Slipknot so they must be doing something right.

Give me 1 piece of evidence that proves that they think they're the sh*t' date=' if you can find some, then I'll stop fighting it, but I just think that a lot of people hate on them for no real reason.

And how are they not metal? They are one of the heaviest modern metal bands around, even if you don't like it, it's still metal.

[/quote']

Their was a interview with one of slipknots guitarist...he compared him self to Tony Iommi...do i need to say more?

Yes. In what way did he compare himself to Iommi? Did he say something like he was influenced by him and some of that comes out in his playing or say something along the lines that Slipknot is bigger than The Beatles?

Im still looking for the link right now but if my memory servers he was say it like he was as powerful as him...as talnted. The only person that could really compare to tony would be jimmy page cause they both made some of the best riffs ever.

Archived