Gibson Brands Forums

335 pick guard mount

MissoulaFlood

My new 335 came without the pick guard mounted. From what I've been able to determine, it has the "shorter" offset foot (3/8")  that attaches to the side. I have not drilled and mounted it yet, but when I position it in place it really seems that even with the shorter foot, the pick guard will end up in a plane that slants "away" from the guitar top. I was expecting that it would be level with the pickup bevel. Does this sound about right or am I in need of different hardware?

On my 2013 Gibson ES-335 it slants away..

If you’re not sure how to mount it correctly take it to a good Luthier. It’s a very simple process but you definitely want it mounted right the first time. It won’t cost much… But, it will be worth it.

Edited by Larsongs

8 hours ago, Larsongs said:

On my 2013 Gibson ES-335 it slants away..

If you’re not sure how to mount it correctly take it to a good Luthier. It’s a very simple process but you definitely want it mounted right the first time. It won’t cost much… But, it will be worth it.

I'm not concern about the process of mounting it---just the fitment considering  what some suppliers call the "short" foot, which still puts the guard slanted away from the body. I've discovered that Kluson makes one that is even shorter at .875 inch and should level it out a little better. Problem solved I think. Thanks guys. 

Not sure what your end goal is but there is no problem with the way it’s installed by the factory.. It doesn’t affect playability or the look.. The ES-335 is one the best & classiest looking of any Guitar..

I hope you get what you’re trying to accomplish.. Good luck….