Gibson Brands Forums

Please help me identify my Epiphone Les Paul?

oymd

Good morning everyone!

Greetings from the UK. Its my first post here.

I've started learning playing guitar just a few weeks ago, at a quite old age...

🙂

I have just purchased a Les Paul Standard from a sound engineer who works in the West End in London.

The guitar is described as: Epiphone Les Paul, Dark Aged Burst.

Its from 2007.

Serial number: EE070106454.

Serial number decoders say its made in China, Jan 2007, but I want to know which model Les Paul it is?

Is it a 50's, 60's? Is it Standard Plain top, Plus top etc? 

I cannot find any details regarding this specific guitar, even on the 2006 and 2007 Epiphone catalogues.

I THINK its a VINTAGE SUNBURST rather than Dark Aged Burst, but not sure?

I'd like to know the specifics of the guitar, but cannot find any details anywhere?

Many thanks

Ossi

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

6 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I think a vintage sunburst had a  red color after the dark color. Nice looking guitar.

Many thanks!

Yes, loving it. The person I bought it from worked on the School of Rock production in the west end in London, bought it in 2007, thinking she will learn guitar. She said she played it for a short while then stored it. It is barely used.

Obviously she lost all the paperwork, and I’ve been researching which model do I have, and if the fretboard is Rosewood, and what HB are fitted. 

If I ventured a. guess it would be a 2007 Les Paul Standard Plus Top

epiphonelespaulstdtsbplainDSCN9499.jpg

Below the similar current Standard 60's model

__static.gibson.com_product-images_Epiph

The Les Paul™ Standard 60s models from Epiphone’s new Inspired by Gibson™ Collection recreate the sound of 1960s era Les Pauls. Featuring a classic mahogany body with a maple cap, Grover® tuners, and powered by ProBucker™ humbuckers with CTS® potentiometers. Epiphone’s long friendship with Mr. Les Paul began in 1940 when Les built one of the world’s first solid body electric guitars while working nights at the original Epiphone factory in Manhattan. Les’ first solid body guitar, nicknamed “the Log”, would go on to inspire the Les Paul Standard, which many consider the greatest electric guitar ever made.

• 3 weeks later...