Gibson Brands Forums

Arch Tops?

On 6/10/2023 at 4:09 PM, SteveFord said:

MissouriPicker,

If you do get a Godin please post your impressions.

I was thinking about one years ago but never actually got to try one.  I was afraid it might have that Seagull acoustic feel to it (cheap).

I've had mine since last August.   

Came with Nickel 12 gauge, I eventually settled on D'Addario Chromes 10 gauge.   These work for my small hands.  Neck is a soft D profile

Stock Machine heads work just fine. IIRC the ratio on the bass strings is different from the trebles.  I think they mention that on the spec sheet.  

the P90s do have a pretty authentic "old school" sound,, they are underwound, so they are not as aggressive as normal say, Gibson P90.

The rosewood bridge is not pinned, intonation is actually pretty much right on.

I believe it's solid Cherry wood.  The finish is a satin, and I usually don't like Satin finishes but on this guitar, it's just right

I mostly use this for chord melody kind of stuff.   Neck and middle position is what I generally use with the tone rolled back a bit.

It doesn't' come with a case. The stock Godin case is one of those semi-soft/hard bag style cases,

I bought this instead   Gator Deluxe ABS Molded Case - Acoustic Dreadnought Guitar | Sweetwater    fits pretty good, but not exact.

I have 1inch foam piece tucked in along the bottom, that keeps the guitar from moving when it's in the case

I like the guitar, and it does have an old school look and sound to it.  It is the one guitar I will leave out most often. 

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have the ones in my profile pic - ES 175, ES 5 & L5, plus a couple of Epi's and a Godin. I can confirm they are amazing for certain styles, but I'd opt for a Les Paul, SG, Strat or Tele for most gigs as they are more versatile generally. 

• Thanks 1