Gibson Brands Forums

Treatise on the J-45

fortyearspickn

1 hour ago, E-minor7 said:

It is ifact on its way out of the language/culture. Old fashioned as it seems to be. . 

I guess it depends on your location.

We still say "workhorse" down here within eyeshot of Kentucky.

But we also still use words like "vagrant" and "deadbeat".....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Murph said:

I guess it depends on your location.

We still say "workhorse" down here within eyeshot of Kentucky.

But we also still use words like "vagrant" and "deadbeat".....

Was talking bout my own example. Try to read the post again for the complete context 🐱

2 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Yes, here we have the prince on the white horse - that's for the ladies, , , , and means mister absolutely right. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           It is ifact on its way out of the language/culture. Old fashioned as it seems to be. . 

Perhaps seen as too fixing (fixating?) by the woke-folks, but began evaporating long before they appeared. 

Our version of that idiom  is  'knight in shining armor'  and 'knight in shining armor on his white horse'.   Also fading from usage.  Was at it's height in the 40s I think - and a device that appeared in the super popular movie - "White Christmas".  Bing Crosby with Rosemary Clooney as the 'fair damsel'.   I agree, evaporating fast.  We eschewed the 'prince' part for obvious reasons.  But rest of it would be considered evil by the Wokies:  Toxic Masculinity  for starters.  

6 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Toxic Masculinity  for starters.  

[lol]

• 2 weeks later...