Gibson Brands Forums

Help Confirming ES Model

Gibsonadmirer

I have an ES325 and I base this on inner tag that has ES325 handwritten on the tag. Not designated anywhere as TD, however it is not a full hollow body. This model has a semi-hollow body with a block down the center and only one cutout in Cherry or Wine Red finish.  It has the half moon control plate. So my question is, is this an ES325 or ES335?  Could it have been mismarked?  Any input is greatly appreciated as I am not familiar with Gibson guitars. 

On 9/3/2023 at 11:20 PM, Gibsonadmirer said:

I have an ES325 and I base this on inner tag that has ES325 handwritten on the tag. Not designated anywhere as TD, however it is not a full hollow body. This model has a semi-hollow body with a block down the center and only one cutout in Cherry or Wine Red finish.  It has the half moon control plate. So my question is, is this an ES325 or ES335?  Could it have been mismarked?  Any input is greatly appreciated as I am not familiar with Gibson guitars. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_ES-325

One single cutaway or do you mean one f-hole? :-k

One f-hole = 325, 2 f-holes = 335!!

Edited by jdgm

On 9/3/2023 at 4:20 PM, Gibsonadmirer said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CfaRU3ZQ34BP27xP8 

Sorry forgot to add photos. here they are

• 2 weeks later...