Gibson Brands Forums

MISTER GIBS is back home!

MR GIBS

After a serious repair M-R GIBS is finaly back home.

I have no words to say how happy we both are.

Yesterday was the first time that I felt his real power.

The first time I heared his real sound.

This is an amazing guitar...

Tomorrow I go to a festival of singer-songwriters and tomorrow we start a long (I hope) jurney with our music together!

Folks: I am happy!!!!!!

BTW, this guy is a wizard:

http://www.penev-guitars.com/news.php

He is the man who gave back the life of M-R GIBS

What was wrong with him?

Purchesed from ebay. (I live in Bulgaria-there's no Gibson Center here' date=' not a Gibson luthier.)

2 months ago I gave M-R GIBS to a luthier here in Sofia where I live, he did the job and took much money.

After that I realised that he chenged all the frets whithout asking me - changed the original jumbo frets with classical guitar frets. Much buzz on the neck, 1 E string slipping out of the neck...

And see this:

[img']http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv164/krasiparvanov/PICT0002.jpg[/img]

Do you see the glue?

(this is one of the pictures that the luthier who repared finaly M-R GIBS took during "the cure" - he loves to take pictures and then show the customers what has been done with theyr guitars!)

Welll - that's how the things are going when you are not in USA or in some western country where there exists a Gibson Shop...

.....................................................................................................

So I started to look for somebody really dicent. And I assure you - there 2-3 luthiers in Bulgaria (the country si about 7,8 mln. people.

I had to travel 250 km and to leave M-R GIBS for allmost a month (the guy is very busy! Much guitars in his atelier).

But he did the job well and now I don't want to remember about the illnesses of M-R GIBS. It is in the past.

There are the good times ahead!

Let's play guitar!

I am very happy for you that you got your guitar back in great condition and ready to rock! (and where NOT to go!!!) =D>

Yeahhhhhh!

Gibson Acoustics SJ 200 Custom does one thing: it ROCKS !!!

What a sound..... !!!!

Congratulations on getting Mr. Gibbs back! Since it is the only one in the entire country' date=' keep your eye on it at the festival. Don't let him out of your sight or someone else may become the proud owner! [/b']

That's exactly what I was thinking. Hang onto Mr Gibs, Krasi! So glad to hear the two of you have been reunited. Enjoy the festival!

Archived