Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson (Electric Guitar) Custom Shop Video

BluesKing777

That Custom Shop video brings back some fond memories. I was fortunate to be able to attend the 2006 Annual Gibson Summer Jam at the custom shop  Elm Hill Pike location. 2 days of free booze, food and music. Included small group tours of the custom shop with the folks actually working. They'd take the time to tell you what they were doing. After dinner, they lit up the stage with Dixie Peach, Devon Allman, Lee Roy Parnell, Gretchen Williams and Cheap Trick.  Ren manned the Boseman trailer and was a pure  gentleman. Of course I had to have the Hummingbird Custom Koa! Great excuse to visit Nashville.

IMG_2014.JPG.031615a83a8f55736501d2ea109ed461.JPG

Unfortunately, I believe that was the last Summer Jam.

LCB

I'll bet its a lot of people's dream job to work at a guitar factory. Till your told your job is to wrap cloth around recently glued ES-335's for 8 -10 hours a day. 

I love music and was stoked at age 18 or so to get a job in a music store. 3 days in I was stick of seeing the same albums everyday. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper