Gibson Brands Forums

Legendary Beatles electric-acoustic guitar

s3g3l

I seem to remember receiving an email from Epiphone not too long ago with marketing information that they had reissued the Beatles acoustic guitar. If I remember the picture, the guitar was in brown or sunburst, with a pickup just after the neck and two potentiometers. Can anyone help me and tell me the name of this guitar and where I can find more information about it?

23 hours ago, Dodger11 said:

It's an EJ160e John Lennon signature model. I have the original model with - funny enough - Lennon's signature in gold on the top .

Those are very cool, but then they stopped having the signature.  Kinda wish I hadn't sold mine....

len231.jpg

len230.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2023 at 3:50 AM, Dodger11 said:

Cougar - looks like you added another pickup (LR Baggs?) from the sound hole.  I have been meaning to for ages although i Have other guitars for gigging. 

Well, Dodger, that blows my mind.  I don't even remember that.  I do remember I was not happy with the electronics -- one of the reasons I let it go. 

• 3 months later...

I bought an EJ-160E and liked it but not the Signature printed on the Top. I returned it. A couple years later I bought a Bozeman Gibson J-160E & I play it more than my EPI Texan, my Martin D35 & my Martin D12-16GTE.

They have  recently reissued the EJ-160E. I’m thinking about getting one as a backup since Gibson doesn’t produce the J-160E anymore.

22 hours ago, Larsongs said:

I bought an EJ-160E and liked it but not the Signature printed on the Top. I returned it. A couple years later I bought a Bozeman Gibson J-160E & I play it more than my EPI Texan, my Martin D35 & my Martin D12-16GTE.

They have  recently reissued the EJ-160E. I’m thinking about getting one as a backup since Gibson doesn’t produce the J-160E anymore.

Pretty cool. If you need a case for it I highly recommend the Epiphone Edread case. That case was especially made for the 160 and will accommodate quite a few other Epiphone models. I have 2 of those cases for my IBG's. They are nice especially for 129.00. They're wood cases. Only thing, the case weighs 13 pounds empty! Just got my 2nd case from zZounds ( no affiliation) last month.

Edited by the other side
Txt correction