Gibson Brands Forums

New Kemper Player Pedal

Rabs

• Rabs changed the title to New Kemper Player Pedal
57 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

I don’t even want to see it lol. I’m sure it’s amazing and over $500

Yes and yes..  Pro quality, very expensive (I think I saw it was like $650)... However, for a pro who uses it all the time, probably still well worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have probably had a bit less than two hours on this thing so far so I’m hesitant to give much a review 

what I can say. It’s a hit in terms of ease of use and instant gratification. It will be a hit for my intended purpose as a practice tool

i really like how it goes from the cleanest amp model to the most saturated. The ease of use is unparalleled. The sound is absolutely going to be better on a Kemper or a real amp. This has some fizz and digital artifacts which are to be expected at this level. I think I have more to learn with this thing but it’s a great product for my intended purpose 

im sure you guys know what I mean. I can hear the shortcomings and adapt to them to where it sounds good, but it’s less forgiving than the real thing 

• Like 1

So from what I’ve gathered the main problem with the sound of this pedal is that it’s not a real amp. It’s an algorithm which anticipates you do certain things which you might not necessarily do. 

For example, if you roll back the tone knob it’s almost no effect until it’s all the way down then you get that throaty sound you expect. But in between there’s almost no gradient. As a player you notice that stuff but again you can adjust your playing to cope

This thing is a ton of fun and I don’t mean to besmirch it but it’s not as good as a really good amp. 

As a practice tool with headphones this is absolutely perfect and I’m having a lot of fun. I would not want this to be my only option for recording or gigging but it is exceptional as a practice tool

Edited by Dub-T-123

1 hour ago, Dub-T-123 said:

So from what I’ve gathered the main problem with the sound of this pedal is that it’s not a real amp. It’s an algorithm which anticipates you do certain things which you might not necessarily do. 

For example, if you roll back the tone knob it’s almost no effect until it’s all the way down then you get that throaty sound you expect. But in between there’s almost no gradient. As a player you notice that stuff but again you can adjust your playing to cope

This thing is a ton of fun and I don’t mean to besmirch it but it’s not as good as a really good amp. 

As a practice tool with headphones this is absolutely perfect and I’m having a lot of fun. I would not want this to be my only option for recording or gigging but it is exceptional as a practice tool

NIce.  Glad you like it..  But talk of practice tools.. I have to say, I bought a Positive Grid Go for my brother in law a short while ago and man he loves that thing.. I think he texted me every day for that first week or two he had it to tell me how much he liked it 🙂  And I have been watching several videos on it. I think im gonna get one myself.  The backing track availability and the fact that it will analyse  songs and show you the tab for youtube videos and spotify tracks as well as the AI jam along feature I think must make it one of the best practice tools available.