Gibson Brands Forums

Planting a tree

wicked1

Our son came home from school Friday with a tree. I guess we missed Arbor Day. Anyway, he found a spot he liked and planted it, but it needed a bit of work so I went out with him a little while ago to help dig his hole a little deeper.

Anyway, we took the opportunity to finally "plant" the cremains of our black lab, Zar. I had to make that horrible trip to the vet to have him put down a couple of years ago and I had always planned to plant a tree along with him, but hadn't done it. So now our son is very proud that we have a "Zar tree" and that Zar is in *two* places--the tree and our hearts. (His words, not mine).

sniff, sniff, Zarathustra was the best dog I ever had. He was huge, about 115lbs and when on his back legs his nose would reach my chin. That would put him at nearly 6 feet long. He loved everyone and all animals, neighbors dog, cats, etc. etc..

On the one occasion when Zar felt I was in danger he attacked the same neighbors dog that was his buddy. I had walked out on the front porch and startled the neighbors Irish Setter. The Irish Setter growled at me and Zar took him to the ground in an instant. He didn't hurt the Setter, but he sure let him know that behavior wasn't acceptable.

im so sorry for your loss.

Zar was Homz's baby. :) When I came along, he viewed me as the competition and took every opportunity to remind me that he was here first. I think he got some sadistic joy out of taking my legs out from under me. Homz said when Zar actually showed affection toward me, he knew he needed to keep me around!

I know that he was in pain and euthanizing him was the right decision, but I still cried like a baby when he took that last breath. :(

But now we have a Zar tree...

Zar was Homz's baby. :) When I came along' date=' he viewed me as the competition and took every opportunity to remind me that he was here first. I think he got some sadistic joy out of taking my legs out from under me. Homz said when Zar actually showed affection toward me, he knew he needed to keep me around!

I know that he was in pain and euthanizing him was the right decision, but I still cried like a baby when he took that last breath. :(

But now we have a Zar tree...[/quote']

they just dont live long enough, dammit.

Our son came home from school Friday with a tree. I guess we missed Arbor Day. Anyway' date=' he found a spot he liked and planted it, but it needed a bit of work so I went out with him a little while ago to help dig his hole a little deeper.

Anyway, we took the opportunity to finally "plant" the cremains of our black lab, Zar. I had to make that horrible trip to the vet to have him put down a couple of years ago and I had always planned to plant a tree along with him, but hadn't done it. So now our son is very proud that we have a "Zar tree" and that Zar is in *two* places--the tree and our hearts. (His words, not mine).[/quote']

That's something... really.

Thanks for sharing that special event with us ma'am

I know how you feel' date=' we had to put our dog down in January. It was the most heart wrenching thing I've ever experienced[/quote']

I am so glad that our vet let me be in the room with him. I don't think I could've handled waiting outside. He just stared into my eyes the whole time with a look that was almost grateful, ya know? Unfortunately, he was old and it seemed to take forever for the meds to do their work. She (the vet) finally looked at him and said, "You've been a good dog. It's ok." And he just closed his eyes.

Homz couldn't even go to the vet with us. He's a big softie.... :-$

Archived