Gibson Brands Forums

Exclusive Colour or not?

Rabs

One colour I have always lusted after was sprayed on this Gibson Firebird 1.
Silver mist.

I nearly pulled the trigger on a brand new one a few years ago, for $1,200 American dollars.

Now, a coupla seasons later, they go used for much more than that.

Sad face.
🥲

https://imperialvintageguitars.com/products/2012-gibson-firebird-i-silver-mist-finish-w-ohsc

22 hours ago, Rabs said:

Well this is what happened in the Henry J era..  They had said previously that they were just going to stick to a core line up but thats obviously changed under the new CEO...

Its a tough one it really is. Produce a limited line up and people call it boring and the same. Introduce more variations and people complain theres too many too choose from.

I think as I have said before. They should use the many many different types of wood out there and produce real limited editions in small numbers BUT not charge stupid amounts just for having a different top. Like a zebra wood one (which they have done before), Ash bodies or whatever. A few hundred extra for a different top on top of the usual price and they would fly off the shelves.

I liked the guitar of the week or guitar of the month idea.

The same thing happens almost every time they try to release a new model. Ohh, thats not a real Gibson it doesnt look like its from the 50s... And the one new guitar that was from the 50s (that Ted Mcarty one), well that was just ugly (I think).. No wonder they didnt sell well.

But then at the same time, this is the double edged sword for a company who bases their business on what they did in the 50s..  How can they move on from that when its how they sell guitars?

I actually think the LP Lite is a great idea and would love to see a Standard or Classic version (like the old LP Less Plus)..  But please not with a 50s neck 🙂   Its one of the few guitars that given the chance I would  be very very very tempted by.

Of all the things I have seen Gibson do over the years, this is still my favorite idea they had.

7FI78Fa.jpg

I think the ES-335 is the best thing they ever did.

Did you seriously type that they need to make some limited runs of guitars and not charge stupid prices for them? When is that ever ever going to happen with this company?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper