Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Picks

Pick Hunter

Hahaha. You're a funny man. $40 for a pick? Get lost.

What I will do is buy some hard Gibson hamfisted beginner's picks and, using the jazz picks I still have as templates, cut my own.

im a lady, sugar.

and get lost? maybe a book on how to win friends & influence people should be on your shopping list.

seriously, you asked, i did a search and replied.

im a lady' date=' sugar.

and get lost? maybe a book on how to win friends & influence people should be on your shopping list.

seriously, you asked, i did a search and replied. [/quote']

It's a playful figure of speech here in England.

I know how to win friends and influence people. As used by a well-known 'lobby' in Washington DC the technique is called bribery, blackmail, bullet.

What I will do is buy some hard Gibson hamfisted beginner's picks and' date=' using the jazz picks I still have as templates, cut my own.

[/quote']

Nice dude - talk about slamming the messenger find your own pick's your no gonna get help like this...

It's a playful figure of speech here in England.

I know how to win friends and influence people. As used by a well-known 'lobby' in Washington DC the technique is called bribery' date=' blackmail, bullet.

[/quote']

lol...

really though... i went to ebay & did a search. there was only one result. there were many results for "gibson jazz" though.

maybe one of those will suit you

lol...

really though... i went to ebay & did a search. there was only one result. there were many results for "gibson jazz" though.

maybe one of those will suit you

I'm old enough to remember when one could find quality gear all over the place. There are simply too many people on the planet chasing rapidly diminishing resources. Those people who claim the planet could feed 70 billion people are insane. So what if the planet could feed 700 billion? There isn't enough wood for all those guitars!

I'm old enough to remember when one could find quality gear all over the place. There are simply too many people on the planet chasing rapidly diminishing resources. Those people who claim the planet could feed 70 billion people are insane. So what if the planet could feed 700 billion? There isn't enough wood for all those guitars!

huh?

Nice dude - talk about slamming the messenger find your own pick's your no gonna get help like this...

I know. I'm a stupid, prickly, old bastard. You can thank 9/11 lies and banking gangsterism for that. I wish there was still some place I could go where there simply weren't any people let alone the collective crassness that surrounds me now.

What's the difference between the Gibson Jazz Pick and Fender' date=' Clayton, or Dunlops Jazz Picks?[/quote']

I guess any old guitar would do too. They've all got six strings, right?

It's a matter of familiarity. When you've spent a lifetime playing with one particular pick type you don't want to change. The others just don't feel right.

i would say go for the dunlop tortex jazz picks. Theyre very nice and seem to work well' date=' i use them most of the time[/quote']

I have some Dunlop Jazz IIIs. They're a bit rough around the edges and they're not what I want. I still have some Gibson jazz picks (apparently they're now worth $40 each, if you can believe that) but I need to restock and with more Gibson jazz picks.

Just ask yourself - if there's no difference then who is paying $40 for a Gibson hard jazz pick from ebay?

I guess any old guitar would do too. They've all got six strings' date=' right?

It's a matter of familiarity. When you've spent a lifetime playing with one particular pick type you don't want to change. The others just don't feel right.

[/quote']

Oh, see I was asking 'cause if you knew why that old gibson felt right you could find a pick made to the same specs out of the same material at a place like

This

or some other specialty store online. Or wish like heck that Gibson reissues it.

huh?

One assumes that demand for guitars is directly proportional to population. What the idiots who think a population of 7 trillion would be fine because we can grow enough edible algae to feed them all overlook is that the life of a battery chicken would be enviable by comparison.

Oh' date=' see I was asking 'cause if you knew why that old gibson felt right you could find a pick made to the same specs out of the same material at a place like

This

or some other specialty store online. Or wish like heck that Gibson reissues it.

That looks expensive. I'm going to have to cut some big Gibson picks down to size using my existing stock as templates. Same material etc.

And I'm wishing. I can't imagine why they stopped making them.

Archived