Gibson Brands Forums

Buying from Wildwood - Recommendations, opinions, testimonials?

kidblast

I don’t think you’ll find a better online retailer than Wildwood. Sweetwater is nice for how big they are but I could do without the cold calls while I’m at work and whatnot. It’s presented as customer service but it’s just polite spam

I love how wildwood posts all of the neck measurements and I love their process for setting the guitar up to the specific customers preference. They ask what strings you like, what action you like etc and it just shows up perfectly dialed in

if I were to buy a new guitar from wildwood I might have chose the exact one you did. That looks STUNNING. Can’t wait for you to get your hands on it!

On 6/20/2024 at 4:10 PM, SteveFord said:

Keep us posted when it shows, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

Arrived Friday around 11:45

It's pretty much perfect.   neck profile is nearly identical to my 95 LP which I absolutely love playing.

5ufj41A.jpeg

The Burstbucker1 and Burstbucke 2 are nice.  they got a bit of spank to them, not quite as dark, a bit more articulate than the 490r/498t

I'm totally in love with this.

As for Wildwood, the guy I worked with (Lance Bowzer) hit it out of the park.

offered a 300 discount without me even asking, which Sweetwater would never do. 

He was very responsive, worked the details on the setup with no hassles at all, and yes, it's a full setup, 

Helped to upgrading the shipping to overnight since the expected delivery date was going to be a problem as we're not going to be available. 

I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

I don’t think you’ll find a better online retailer than Wildwood. Sweetwater is nice for how big they are but I could do without the cold calls while I’m at work and whatnot. It’s presented as customer service but it’s just polite spam

I love how wildwood posts all of the neck measurements and I love their process for setting the guitar up to the specific customers preference. They ask what strings you like, what action you like etc and it just shows up perfectly dialed in

if I were to buy a new guitar from wildwood I might have chose the exact one you did. That looks STUNNING. Can’t wait for you to get your hands on it!

This neck spec they do is what made finding the right one so easy.

I was able to use that spec and compare to my main Les Paul which is also a 50s profile (1995 Standard). 

It pretty much had the same reading at first and 12th fret.

The one I was going to order had a nicely figured back, but a considerably fatter neck.  I ruled that one out. 

But I like the grain on the back of this one just as much

2FPGdcM.jpg

This one I wound up with, feels exactly like what I'm so used to.

I can't find a finish flaw on this one.  With a gibson there is always something, but for this..  I'm not seeing anything.

Rosewood is clean with no filing marks or wood flaws, no orange peel on the neck joint area, along the top,  the nut is clear and clean and cut nicely.

Edited by kidblast

18 minutes ago, 10PoundLester said:

My avatar LP is also 10lbs hence my nick here - 10PoundLester.

yea man,  that's exactly what I thought that was referring to, and  think it's perfect btw..!!

my 95 is bit heavier at just over 11.5   Also have a 2002 that's around 9.  it's feather light compared to these two

I do not mind the weight btw, but I do tend to prefer the wider padded straps.  

3 hours ago, kidblast said:

yea man,  that's exactly what I thought that was referring to, and  think it's perfect btw..!! 🙂

my 95 is bit heavier at just over 11.5   Also have a 2002 that's around 9.  it's feather light compared to these two

I do not mind the weight btw, but I do tend to prefer the wider padded straps.  

Wow - 11.5 pounds! That's a killer! I play sitting down since I'm not in a band and don't gig anywhere.