Gibson Brands Forums

I just got drafted!

For a high school Battle of the Bands Friday night! My friend's band is scheduled to play, but their guitarist dropped out today and they need one. I couldn't learn the songs they were gonna do in time (my only chance was my guitar lesson tomorrow which got cancelled by the teacher an hour ago), so we're doing 3 easy songs: Highway to Hell (oh big surprise, the kid with the SG is doing an AC/DC song haha), Santeria , and My Generation. I'm pretty soupt, this is the first time I'm gonna be playing live other than the times I've done acoustic masses at church. I'm taking my usual rig, the SG, Crybaby (for Santeria), Digitech RP-1, and Marshall MG30 (ehhh). I'll try to get any pics or vids up here if I can find any after the show.

Thanks a lot guys, we're not gonna be that good seeing as my first practice with these guys is tomorrow, but it should be fun. My dad said he'll try to take some pics, so if they come out good I'll post 'em this weekend.

Good on ya, brother! Remember - power stance, NEVER jump in unison with the other guys, don't go overboard in getting dressed up, and above all - don't indicate in any way that you might have slipped up a note or two. Follow these rules, and wait for the dudes to be jealous and the ladies to swoon.

Good on ya' date=' brother! Remember - power stance, NEVER jump in unison with the other guys, don't go overboard in getting dressed up, and above all - don't indicate in any way that you might have slipped up a note or two. Follow these rules, and wait for the dudes to be jealous and the ladies to swoon.[/quote']

Thanks man, I got the power stance down and I've been working a bit on my windmills lol. I'll remember these rules haha.

Thanks again, guys. We had a great practice tonight, managed to get the whole thing pulled together in 5 hours. Our final setlist is:

Blitzkrieg Bop

You Really Got Me (VH Version)

Summertime Blues (if we have time for 4 songs),

Santeria as our closer

Our singer didn't even want to try Highway to Hell so that was nixed, and our bassist couldn't get the My Generation solo down in time. They're having me do some backup vox on Blitzkrieg Bop, and singing Summertime Blues if we do it. I really can't wait for it.

Archived