Gibson Brands Forums

Saw Willie & Trigger Last Night

zombywoof

21 hours ago, PrairieSchooner said:

I got caught at the local airport with a Trim (old combo knife) that I always kept in my Dopp kit.  Not a big deal to lose except it had belonged to my late father.  No time to go back to the car so I put it on top of a door frame, and sure enough, on return it was still there.

That's amazing.  Special forces at work...

On 9/15/2024 at 1:22 AM, zombywoof said:

Since you asked 

Mellencamp played what looked to be a Martin 000-18.

Willie played Trigger all night.

Waylon Payne in Willie's band though played a Gibson J200.  As the son of Willie's long time guitar player, he was the "Family".

What about Bob?

BluesKing777.

16 hours ago, BluesKing777 said:

What about Bob?

BluesKing777.

Dylan never once moved from behind a piano.  Those backing him stuck with electric guitars.  The last time I saw Dylan though with a guitar in his hands was at the Starlight Theater in Kansas City in 2007. 

Edited by zombywoof

Saw Willie a few years back at Stagecoach. He is an Icon.

Going to see Clapton in a couple Weeks. I’m looking forward to that. The only other time I’ve seen him was with The Yardirds. What a Concert that was!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

Saw Willie a few years back at Stagecoach. He is an Icon.

Going to see Clapton in a couple Weeks. I’m looking forward to that. The only other time I’ve seen him was with The Yardirds. What a Concert that was!

That must have been in England or someplace because as far as I know the Yardbirds never toured the U.S. when Clapton was with them. 

The only time I have seen Clapton was in his first U.S. appearance with Cream in 1967.  The Blues Project was also on the bill and at the time though when it came to electric players, I was all about Danny Kalb and Mike Bloomfield.  The tour I wanted to go see Clapton on was Delaney and Bonnie.  It just did not work out for me.

17 minutes ago, zombywoof said:

That must have been in England or someplace because as far as I know the Yardbirds never toured the U.S. when Clapton was with them. 

The only time I have seen Clapton was in his first U.S. appearance with Cream in 1967.  The Blues Project was also on the bill and at the time though when it came to electric players, I was all about Danny Kalb and Mike Bloomfield.  The tour I wanted to go see Clapton on was Delaney and Bonnie.  It just did not work out for me.

I stand corrected. I saw “The Yardbirds” in 1966 in Alexandria, Va. if my memory is right. It must’ve been Beck & Page.

This will be the first time I’ll be seeing Clapton.

Edited by Larsongs

17 minutes ago, zombywoof said:

I saw Clapton with Winwood in 2009 in NJ when they toured together. They opened with Had To Cry Today.

4 hours ago, Larsongs said:

I stand corrected. I saw “The Yardbirds” in 1966 in Alexandria, Va. if my memory is right. It must’ve been Beck & Page.

I assume it would have been Beck in 1966.

Here Ya Go.  Some Yardbirds trivia.  Page and Beck shared guitar duties on only one recorded song.  What was it?  

2 hours ago, zombywoof said:

Here Ya Go.  Some Yardbirds trivia.  Page and Beck shared guitar duties on only one recorded song.  What was it?  

Beck’s Bolero?

11 hours ago, Larsongs said:

Saw Clapper for the first time a few years ago - in a huge hall. Too big, but once the the situation had settled, it became better and better. 

I Shot The Sheriff was the peak of the evening. The band-machinery grooved like they were the inventors of the concept. 

Yes, I've known him since he guested Delaney and Bonnie. 

7 hours ago, zombywoof said:

"Happenings Ten Years Time Ago"  ?????

Here is a treat for ya - Beck and Page Yardbirds in 1966 Blow-up movie:

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777