Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Case Help

Twiz

Hi everyone, I usually post on the SG part of the forum. I was wondering if anyone could point me towards a case for my Epiphone EL-00. I can't find a case that fits it, I guess because it's a smaller body shape. I have a gig bag now, but I don't really like those things. Thanks for your help.

404.jpg

I've only got a gig bag for mine too and was going to start looking for a case. I wonder what Ballcorner keeps his EL-00 in? I was going to try a parlor guitar case, but now I'm thinking the headstock may be an issue there, too. Hmmmm.....

The EL-00 is about 15" across the lower bout, so it is a little bigger than your average classical guitar. The musicians gear case (the black one) is a little snug on the lower bout, but perfectly serviceable. If you add some strings or other accessories to your order at musicians friend and bring it up to $100, they will ship it free.

I recently picked up one of these: Korg DT-4 Chromatic Compact Strobe Tuner

475062.jpg

It's a very cool tuner and not expensive.

Ya might want to look at TKL cases. Tons of sizes and pretty cheap.

Never been real impressed by the Epi EL-00 but the sadly discontinued Epi Blues Master was a heck of a guitar. The ones I played could give a Blues King a run for its money.

I love my EL-00. I don't play acoustic out much. I just use mine for practicing on the couch or jamming on the porch. Someday I'd like to have the Gibson equivalent. 8-[

Here's a link to Martin's page that gives body dimensions.

guitar body dimensions

From what I saw there, the closest match to an OO body would be a case built for OOO. The OOO is 1 3/16 inch longer in the body, and 9/16ths inch wider. The thickness should be same for both.

If the body shapes are proportionally similar it could be a pretty good fit.

• 3 weeks later...

My ELOCS case for Epiphone EL-00 arrived today from Sweetwater (see link above). Excellent case with 5 latches and I was happy to find that the case fits a Gibson CJ-165 very well, too. The Gibson case I got with my maple 165 stinks really bad and the odor lingers on the guitar if it is placed in the case for any length of time. Still working on de-skunkifying that and meanwhile the epi case will work very well.

Archived