Gibson Brands Forums

beatles or the stones

fast fret

Both are great bands' date=' the influence of the Beatles beyond music places them ahead of the Stones in my book.

But after reading "Many Years From Now", Paul's Bio, it is interesting just how close the members of the two bands were and still are, they would even coordinate release dates for their records so they wouldn't knock each other off the charts. Paul turn Mick on to pot, in his book he states how they thought the whole image of the Beatles being the "good" band & the Stones being the "bad boy's" was so funny. During the recording of the Sarg. Peppers, The White Album, Mystery Tour, and the Let it Be album Jagger and some of the other Stones were always present in the studio. [/quote']

Still are friends to this day. Paul hung with Keith on vacation before his last tour and Keith told him he had to do Please Please Me which was mainly John's. So he did it.

As John said in the famous Rolling Stone mag interview after the Beatles broke up " There's nothing the Stones ever did that I couldn't show you where the we did it first." There's a great picture during the recording of All You Need Is Love with Lennon, sitting on a stool at the mic, with Jagger sitting on the floor at his feet. Anyone that thinks The Beatles were just pop has only heard the early singles. They were all great friends but new how to use the press. Its like 16 magazine in here and we have to vote for the most fab band of the week. Anybody seen my Monkees poster?

Archived