Gibson Brands Forums

Memorial Day Weekend Gigs

FirstMeasure

Not my normal band, but me and some other guys are playing a pool party this weekend as rehearsal for a fundraiser type gig we're playing the following week. We have a flyer too, but it's in Word format. How did you save yours as a photo?

I made the whole thing with Roxio PhotoSuite. I have an easier time working with Photo Shop like program than a Word Program for these kinds of things.

The background is my Gibson Nighthawks Neck with a Trash Bag behind it.

So how about it guys? Any more Memorial Weekend Gigs/

Rehearsal with the blues band Monday night. Rehearsal with the big band Wednesday night. Club gig with the blues band Friday night. First practice/jam/BBQ on Sunday with a spin-off of guys from the big band that want to do fusion type stuff. Outdoor park concert with the 20 piece big band next Wednesday. A pretty busy week for me.

Here in St. Louis it is the beginning of the outdoor concert/festival season. I'm one of those players that LOVE to play outdoors, and I've got a good selection of stuff on the books for the summer. Can't wait to get started next week.

My band is playing it's first show since January and we're planning on pulling out a lot of new material. I come home from school tomorrow night for the summer, leaving us only one day to practice before the big day, so I can only hope that the other two in the band can catch on to the material I have.

It'll be a good time, 10 bands and the band playing before us thinks they are hot sh!t. I judged a battle of the bands back in April and they were all there in attendance wearing their sunglasses inside. They wouldn't stop bugging me about booking them on a show, saying they "don't charge much" at which I laughed. The band has one hugely egotistical person and he and the guy that booked this show have a HUGE beef. It should be pretty interesting and dramatic to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived