Gibson Brands Forums

Please Help Me Identify My Guitar

GibsonFanBoy

I just bought this guitar from a person in town, :-k

I think I got a pretty good deal on it, :-&

I have played for years, the guitar is in pretty decent shape, but I can not figure out what it was called or about what year it is. Nor do it know if it is a Les Paul.

Can anyone tell me what this guitar would be called if I wanted to sell it, and about what year it is?

](*,)

also can someone could give me an about price, I should price it at also.

Serial Number: 099050492

Thanks guys!!

pict1172.th.jpg

pict1166.th.jpg

pict1162.th.jpg

pict1167.th.jpg

pict1164.th.jpg

Well I was on craigslist and I saw this and was like .... sweeettt....... and the price was great *in my mind*

But I noticed when I saw it, on the head it does not say Les Paul, I think this guitar was painted, and it was painted over. But honestly I am not 100%, the paint does not look that bad at all.

The paint is not bad it is still a little dirty, needs polished, because it was sitting a really long time, I took the strings off because they were pretty old, It was used for a pretty long while before the person that I bought it from.

Don't get very optimistic about the price.

An Epiphone Les Paul isn't worth a lot, one with a bolt-on neck isn't worth half of that.

Sorry to be so blunt, but I've seen that happen to lotsa people who didn't realize the difference.

Epiphone was even doing a double neck for awhile (think Jimmy Page) with bolt-on necks and people were getting ripped off BIG TIME thinking it was a great bargain at $500.

Part of the reason people buy Gibson electrics (and Epi import copies) is for the set neck.

Bolt-on = $Jack.

Check Musician's Friend on the web to get an idea what new ones sell for, then figure yours is worth half at best.

Well let me put it this way, the girl was not that big into guitars, she has a really nice one, and this one. she wanted 150$ first, and she was preg, and was moving thats the only reason she was selling.

I talked her down to 75$, which i think is a hella good deal...

What do you think?

Well let me put it this way' date=' the girl was not that big into guitars, she has a really nice one, and this one. she wanted 150$ first, and she was preg, and was moving thats the only reason she was selling.

I talked her down to 75$, which i think is a hella good deal...

What do you think?[/quote']

That's decent price, but you didn't get a steal.

Did you get the case with it?

Well actually to be honest

I got the guitar and 2 Hollinger monitors for 100$ altogether

pict1177.th.jpg

the monitors are

Impedance: 8 ohms

Power: 60Watts RMS/120 Watts Music

Crossover Frequency: 4 khz

Frequency responce 75-20 KHz

I am unsure if i got a good deal or not or how much the monitors are worth, I took them down to my friends house and they sound great.

They actually look great, other then that scratch on the side of one, that was from her cat, but other then that, they look great

Does anyone know anything about Hollinger monitors

And to be honest with you, the body does not look nearly as bad as in the pics, the finish is polished, and the pics looks like someone took sand paper and hit it up, which is not what it looks like, i think the flash picked up even little tiny scratch's from norm wear, and made it look really bad.

It's really not a bad guitar, just will never be worth much, so don't go putting a lot of fancy pickups and hardware on it.

Just play it 'til the frets fall off, or sell it for a quick buck.

It's really not a bad guitar' date=' just will never be worth much, so don't go putting a lot of fancy pickups and hardware on it.

Just play it 'til the frets fall off, or sell it for a quick buck.[/quote']

Disagree, Pickups can be switched out. I have a Washburn Lyon ('02) That has a SD 59' (yeah I've said this before), But its always a good example that upgrades are worth it. I WILL be using my washburn live. It sounds great.

Disagree' date=' Pickups can be switched out. I have a Washburn Lyon ('02) That has a SD 59' (yeah I've said this before), But its always a good example that upgrades are worth it. I WILL be using my washburn live. It sounds great.[/quote']

Disagree. A decent set of pickups would be worth 3 times as much as the guitar, plus a decent set of tuners, and you're looking at $250- $300, and you'd still feel lame playing it in front of an audience, just in case there was someone there that knew it was imported junk.

Archived