Gibson Brands Forums

OH MY . . .

James Allen

It's a zoning issue he is a pastor and is using his house for a church.

Pastor David Jones and his wife Mary have been told that they cannot invite friends to their San Diego' date=' Calif. home for a bible study — unless they are willing to pay tens of thousands of dollars to San Diego County.

"On Good Friday we had an employee from San Diego County come to our house, and inform us that the bible study that we were having was a religious assembly, and in violation of the code in the county." David Jones told FOX News.

[b']"We told them this is not really a religious assembly — this is just a bible study with friends. We have a meal, we pray, that was all," Jones said.[/b]

A few days later, the couple received a written warning that cited "unlawful use of land," ordering them to either "stop religious assembly or apply for a major use permit," the couple's attorney Dean Broyles told San Diego news station 10News.

But the major use permit could cost the Jones' thousands of dollars just to have a few friends over.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Pastor David Jones and his wife Mary have been told that they cannot invite friends to their San Diego' date=' Calif. home for a bible study — unless they are willing to pay tens of thousands of dollars to San Diego County.

"On Good Friday we had an employee from San Diego County come to our house, and inform us that the bible study that we were having was a religious assembly, and in violation of the code in the county." David Jones told FOX News.

[b']"We told them this is not really a religious assembly — this is just a bible study with friends. We have a meal, we pray, that was all," Jones said.[/b]

A few days later, the couple received a written warning that cited "unlawful use of land," ordering them to either "stop religious assembly or apply for a major use permit," the couple's attorney Dean Broyles told San Diego news station 10News.

But the major use permit could cost the Jones' thousands of dollars just to have a few friends over.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Maybe he can find more useful things to do instead of studying the Bible, Since he is pastor why doesn't he hold Bible Study at his church?

I know allot of Churches that have classes where you can study the bible and have Bible Study at the Church on Friday nights.

Ya thats what it said the first time Eye read it. It's a Zoning issue.

So, using your logic...

If I invite folks over to my house for a bar-b-que, then my house is a restaurant.

If I invite folks over to jam and have some beers, then my house is a bar/club.

If I work on a friends car, boat or motorcycle, then my house is a shop/garage.

My wife and I have had friends over for bible study, so my house is a church.

;)

What do you think the 1st amendment means?

So' date=' using your logic...

If I invite folks over to my house for a bar-b-que, then my house is a restaurant.

;)

What do you think the 1st amendment means?[/quote']

Thats the way it works, The 1st amendment is there for you to have the illusion that you have freedoms and unless you realize that is not a Christian country but a Money Hungry country the sooner things will start to make sense.

If you did it every week. Most likely there are lots of cars parking in front of neighbors houses every week and they got tired of it. But just like you Eye only have a small part of the whole story.

Eye will reserve my full opinion intel given all the facts. And no sooner.

Well it's not her property.

Since we're talking proerty . . . what about the fact that someone came into this woman's office and took her flag, WHICH WAS HER PROPERTY without her authorization. Then they threw it in the floor.

The only property that was inappropriatley dealt with was the patriotic lady's.

If you did it every week. Most likely there are lots of cars parking in front of neighbors houses every week and they got tired of it. But just like you Eye only have a small part of the whole story.

One of my Christian neighbors holds Bible study every week and the people that come seem to think they can park where ever they want and one time this one guy had the nerve to park in front of my Drive way so i went over there and asked the guy if he could move his car from my drive way and he responded with saying "That is not your driveway that is Gods driveway" and he shut the door.

So' date=' using your logic...

:-k

What do you think the 1st amendment means?[/quote']

KSG, when you use logic, my love for you grows and grows! If I wasn't heterosexual, I'd fly out to Texas and kiss you! Since I am a hetero, you'll have to accept my "HELL YEAH, Brother!" instead.

It is in there building. And Eye'll bet there is a paragraph in her employee manual prohibiting said objects in there offices. But none of use have that info to make a real judgment call on this. Eye don't read part of a story by one paper and call it gospel.

It's not a little flag thats one for a house geeeez

KSG' date=' when you use logic, my love for you grows and grows! If I wasn't heterosexual, I'd fly out to Texas and kiss you! Since I am a hetero, you'll have to accept my "HELL YEAH, Brother!" instead.[/quote']

pretty gay.....

so cute you guys have a bromance. is it ZIMA time?

i keed i keed.

Thats the way it works' date=' The 1st amendment is there for you to have the illusion that you have freedoms and unless you realize that is not a Christian country but a Money Hungry country the sooner things will start to make sense.[/quote']

Your user name suits you well my friend. I don't mean that in a bad way. The one with the illusion is you. Our freedoms are being taken away from us everyday, and statements like yours only show you totally don't understand how dire it is.

Oh My this is going to be one he11 of a thread' date=' 5 minutes old and 2 pages already.... Good ole fighting among ourselves again[/quote']

There has been no fighting at this point only conjecture.

And as far as killing KSG Eye swear Eye thought you were a burglar. :-k

So why doesn't the guy just file the paperwork and get a tax exempt free loader status.

I obviously don't get how this is an attack on the right.

I also only read the first paragraph of the page.

Archived