Gibson Brands Forums

Koko Taylor

EdgarHF

Well, I wasn't familiar with her so I went to her MySpace page and now I'm groovin' along to some pretty fine blues! So far, Gonna Get Me A Mule is my fav.

That's too bad that's she's gone, but at least you got to meet her, and she lived to a respectable age. Now, I'm going back to her MySpace page and continue where I left off.

Thanks Koko.....

????!?!?!?!??!?

I'm shocked.. SHe just put out a great CD last year/a few years ago.

When I lived in Chicago in 1980, I lived up in the north end in one of the 'transitional' neighborhoods..Koko would play at the local bar every other weekend. I used to saddle in next to her in one of the booths during her breaks and try to talk her into hiring a white boy to play the tuba with her. (I used to be a tuba player) She would just shake her head and laugh every time she saw me coming.

Years later, she had made it to headliner status and would come out to seattle for the big festival every fall.

Classssssy person. This news of her parting makes me sad.

Thanks to my local college's public radio station and PBS, I became aware of Koko Taylor. Through Scorsese's "The Blues", Austin City Limits and the KEWU's Blues Hour radio show I became a fan of Koko's and would have loved to have seen her perform live, but I'm glad that at least I got to know about her music.

RIP Koko.

I have seen Koko many, many times thru the years. She was incredible in her younger days - not only an incredible performer but an incredible lady. I remember stomping in the mud on a rainy Saturday in memphis about 12 or 13 years ago groovin to Koko. I hung out on her bus with her & the band in later years - She was a sweetheart. I was really saddend by the news yesterday. I loved Koko

The shows she was doing about 15 years ago were wonderful - she gave it everything she had

Archived