Gibson Brands Forums

Just came back from seeing Metallica...

Riffster

I did not as great tickets this time eventhough I had access to the presale, how that works I don't know still the seats were OK.

They started a bit loose, sound adjustment and a couple of songs later it was crushing time, it is the 5th time I see these guys and they never dissapoint.

I am pleased they played half the songs on Death Magnetic.

...and at the end of the night they bring out a Marshall half stack on stage and the amp head looks familiar with a couple of shields on either side, so I am trying to guess but no need to...enter Lemmy fu**ing Kilmister himself....what a night.

That is what I thought too, just an amazing crushing tone without the grainy sound that Death Magnetic has in some songs.

Seeing Lemmy with them was the icing on the cake, inviting a guest on stage is very common in Nashville since a lot of people either live here or record here but I was not expecting Lemmy!!

I would love to see Motorhead in concert.

I saw them many years ago. They were pretty darn good. Jason was still the Bass Player then. It was an outdoor gig, so there were three slam pits and at least two Bon Fires. CandleBox (Sucky), Fight (cool but not Preist), and Suicidal Tendancies (Historically Great Performance) opened.

Metallica did not disappoint, nice to hear they still have it.

Archived