Gibson Brands Forums

From that to this.....

duane v

My 2009 SG faded in el stock form

083-2-1.jpg?t=1253579553

The le transformation.

P9210177b.jpg?t=1253579638

Some waffle back tuners.... But I'm a bit upset at the people that sold them to me, because they're supposed to be able to read my mind and know that I would need the off-set tuner bushing8-[ ... LOL!

P9210175b.jpg?t=1253579721

Once I get her intonated and find out where the bridge saddles are positioned. Then I'll see if I have enough bridge saddle travel to re-position the bridge straight rather than at an angle.

the writing on the pick up is upside down?

not really worried about it, since it was probably the only gibson embossed pup cover in So Cal..... and it was $40 plus tax....

BTW.... could you be so kind and move this to the SG forum???

thanx

it's just an upside down bridge pickup. I like it except for the bridge.

Those 70s bridges are ugly to me but if you installed it for functionality I guess it's cool.

What is the bridge pup? A DiMarzio?

I love the way creme pickups look on a cherry SG. Cool knobs too

Sweet guitar.

it's just an upside down bridge pickup. I like it except for the bridge.

Those 70s bridges are ugly to me but if you installed it for functionality I guess it's cool.

What is the bridge pup? A DiMarzio?

I love the way creme pickups look on a cherry SG. Cool knobs too

Sweet guitar.

It's actually a 490R in the neck...

The bridge is an acquired taste LOL!!!

The pup is a 1982 Dimarzio Super D...... I have like three of those things' date=' because that's all I used in the early 80's before letting someone talk me into EMG's'](*,) ..... so I have them laying around in my parts drawer.

I love the 490r. Whatta great pickup.

I've always wondered about the super d... How are the cleans on it? With a name like super distortion it seems like a one trick pony. Is it versatile?

The SuperD is very versatile, I've been using them since 1982.... I certainly like them better than the EMG things.

Nice' date=' but you should lose the "harmonica" bridge & go back to the Nashville.[/quote']

I've never been a fan of the Nashville, especially the "PING" manufactured one. I've always liked the harmonica bridge, and always wanted a guitar equipped with one.

Everything in genuine Gibson with exception of the bridge pup and aluminum gotoh tailpiece, which at some point I'll change if I can find a 70's tailpiece for a fair price.

I've never been a fan of the Nashville' date=' especially the "PING" manufactured one. I've always liked the harmonica bridge, and always wanted a guitar equipped with one.

Everything in genuine Gibson with exception of the bridge pup and aluminum gotoh tailpiece, which at some point I'll change if I can find a 70's tailpiece for a fair price.[/quote']

You know where you're going.

That's half of the trip.......

#-o

Murph.

Archived