Gibson Brands Forums

From that to this.....

duane v

My 2009 SG faded in el stock form

083-2-1.jpg?t=1253579553

The le transformation.

P9210177b.jpg?t=1253579638

Some waffle back tuners.... But I'm a bit upset at the people that sold them to me, because they're supposed to be able to read my mind and know that I would need the off-set tuner bushing8-[ ... LOL!

P9210175b.jpg?t=1253579721

Once I get her intonated and find out where the bridge saddles are positioned. Then I'll see if I have enough bridge saddle travel to re-position the bridge straight rather than at an angle.

it's just an upside down bridge pickup. I like it except for the bridge.

Those 70s bridges are ugly to me but if you installed it for functionality I guess it's cool.

What is the bridge pup? A DiMarzio?

I love the way creme pickups look on a cherry SG. Cool knobs too

Sweet guitar.

It's actually a 490R in the neck...

The bridge is an acquired taste LOL!!!

The pup is a 1982 Dimarzio Super D...... I have like three of those things' date=' because that's all I used in the early 80's before letting someone talk me into EMG's'](*,) ..... so I have them laying around in my parts drawer.

I love the 490r. Whatta great pickup.

I've always wondered about the super d... How are the cleans on it? With a name like super distortion it seems like a one trick pony. Is it versatile?

The SuperD is very versatile, I've been using them since 1982.... I certainly like them better than the EMG things.

Nice' date=' but you should lose the "harmonica" bridge & go back to the Nashville.[/quote']

I've never been a fan of the Nashville, especially the "PING" manufactured one. I've always liked the harmonica bridge, and always wanted a guitar equipped with one.

Everything in genuine Gibson with exception of the bridge pup and aluminum gotoh tailpiece, which at some point I'll change if I can find a 70's tailpiece for a fair price.

I've never been a fan of the Nashville' date=' especially the "PING" manufactured one. I've always liked the harmonica bridge, and always wanted a guitar equipped with one.

Everything in genuine Gibson with exception of the bridge pup and aluminum gotoh tailpiece, which at some point I'll change if I can find a 70's tailpiece for a fair price.[/quote']

You know where you're going.

That's half of the trip.......

#-o

Murph.

Archived