Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Removes Hendrix Content from Website

Mr. Robot

The VERY sad thing Bill? BIG TIME Money' date=' not normal business type sales, BIG MONEY. The guy who thought this up must have been fired by now because Gibson, indeed as you said, have be SEVERLY hurt by this, greed mate. Not greed by Gibson, that is not the way this works, but the team who bought this idea on board will not work in the guitar industry again in my opinion.

I love smaller companies because of this sort of stuff yanno? [/quote']

Yeah, a few folks had to agree with the original idea and approve the production. Wow, can you imagine how much money was lost on this? The loss in PR has got to be the worse. The best decision was close the door on this whole project and pretend it never happened.

I looked up Gibson on glassdoor.com last night and what current and ex Gibson employees had to say about Henry's business acumen wasn't at all positive or flattering.If what they say is the case then it's no surprise that this debaucle was allowed to get as far as it did.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't see how anyone could buy one of these. People seem to forget that they directly control the market by their spending habits. Why would one want to support such an act from such a company? I'm not trying to preach morals and ethics but lets think about this. If you disagree with the release of this guitar, why on Earth would you ever buy one? Seems logical to me.

Oh, and Gibson, you really suck for this one. You can hit delete all you want but anytime I hear someone mention buying a Gibson I am going to run down the laundry list as to why they shouldn't, including the Hendrix Strat Copy fiasco. Then I'll suggest they buy an older, used Paul so that you won't receive a penny. :-k

Archived